What would you pay?

Updated
What would you pay?
Ok, so I am building a KH-2 Mummy guitar. I know a guy who builds custom guitars and I talked to him about making a new fretboard with the eye of horus inlay. He said he had a guy who does amazing inlay work, so I sent him the guitar to clear and finish the neck. Then when he saw what I was working on he said the inlay guy he knows is the one who did Kirks orig. inlay for the mummy! My question for everyone is how much would you pay for the fretboard & inlay ONLY....not the cost of the entire neck? Just looking for your opinions.
nameless

Get a quote from the dude. Then decide wether or not you can/want to afford it.

matt b.

I already know what he will charge for it, I was just wondering what others would pay for something like that. Just my curiosity.

Brian

I already know what he will charge for it, I was just wondering what others would pay for something like that. Just my curiosity.

So how much is he going to charge you?

Pushead

When I was shopping for a fretboard inlay on the explorer I was building, it was around $600 for a version of the barbed wire inlay.

Metfuk

When I was shopping for a fretboard inlay on the explorer I was building, it was around $600 for a version of the barbed wire inlay.

Sick, who was it?

frantic77

So how much is he going to charge you?

you ask to much informations!:p

Brian

you ask to much informations!:p

I guess so :rolleyes:

matt b.

So did you think $600 was a reasonable price for custom work?

Pushead

It was reasonable, but I decided not to do it.

I talked with Ron Thorn, who does many of the fancy inlays for ESP, including the KH-20 inlays, the barbed wire and Man to Wolf inlays on Hetfield's explorers, and I believe the fancy heiroglyphic inlay for Kirk's Mummy (not the Eye of Horus inlays)

Dilzdo21

i would say up to 300 would be a sweet price , after that i would hafta really decide weather it was worth it or not

Post to Thread