Anyone buy a KH602 and....

Updated
JKD
...strip the paint off the neck? :D Easy to do? Wood good underneath it?
Throne_Of_Lunacy

are KH-602's good?

JKD

are KH-602's good?

Kind of what I was wondering...looking like a cheap KH-2 NTB but I hate painted necks :-/

1point8t

It's not that hard to do, but it is time consuming. If you want to do it... start by taking some sandpaper (80 grit to start) to the finish on the back of the neck and headstock. Rough things up a bit and get rid of most of the clearcoat. Tape off the area where you want the paint/wood line. Get a bunch of fresh razor blades, and carefully scrape paint, moving in one direction, ie />>>>>> with the edge of the blade like so. You'll be changing blades pretty often since they dull quickly. Be very careful on the edges of the headstock. I scrape the very edge of the headstock down to the wood, and if done right, you will retain all of the paint on the face of the headstock and it will look factory. Once all the paint is gone, take some light grit sandpaper and smooth everything out. I use tung oil to finish things off. Tung oil is great, the neck will become very slippery over time with use. PM me if you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Post to Thread