Question for owners of ESP and LTD Trucksters

Updated
ReigningBlood
I just bought the ESP version and I noticed some differences. The neck and bridge volumes are in the opposite locations. The ESP bridge vol is toward the neck of the guitar and neck vol is down by the output jack and on my LTD it's reversed. Also the knobs and bridge/tailpiece are chrome on the ESP and brushed on the LTD. How are yours setup?
emg32

I just bought the ESP version and I noticed some differences. The neck and bridge volumes are in the opposite locations. The ESP bridge vol is toward the neck of the guitar and neck vol is down by the output jack and on my LTD it's reversed. Also the knobs and bridge/tailpiece are chrome on the ESP and brushed on the LTD. How are yours setup?

On mine the bridge volume is on the bottom and the neck volume is on the top, just like your Ltd. That's the way all of them are suppose to be. The hardware should be the same satin chrome on both the ESP and Ltd. The ESP version hardware may be slightly shinier but not shiny like regular chrome.

I'm guessing you bought it used? If so it sounds like the previous owner messed with it. Either that or ESP screwed up the wiring from the factory.

Pushead

ESP/LTD has some "backwards" (IMO) volume setups. The Eclipse models have the bridge volume closer to the neck. My LTD Truckster has the neck volume closer to the neck.

ReigningBlood

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like they mix up which position the bridge vol is in. No big deal, I kind of like it up top closer to the neck, easier to reach.

metallifuk86

yeah my knobs were like that on both the ltd and esp trucksters, so i swapped them and now the bridge volumes on both of em are at the top. sooo much bettter. we use that p/u more often, why reach around everything to get at it?

trev-

Ozwepaie

I did LP wiring on my truckster. it's a piece of cake, if you know how to wire a guitar ?

The Jap.. LTD is a completely different guitar than the US version. We got the crap !
Look at there finish, it just like the ESP. W/ a different progression of colors. "No Red"
I'd love to get my hands on a Jap issued LTD.

LordCliffton

/\/\/\did you need any extra wire to do it or was there enough included with the stock truckster?

I'm imagining that I'd need some length for the toggle to be in the correct position(upper bass bout), correct?

Ozwepaie

Yes, you need about a foot of "4" lead to wire it up. honestly, if you're not sure
what to do ? Take it to someone.

LordCliffton

No, I'm good on doing the wiring itself.. just sometimes extra wire is wound up in the access cavity & tbh, I haven't even looked in there to see what's going on. Sorry for my laziness.

Also, the Japanese get slightly better versions because the company is there...

But the prices for the stuff absolutely SUCK!

ESP Truckster

Retails in Japan:
Japanese yen-535,000 converts to USD-5,337.13

Retail in USA:$2,249.00

LTD Truckster:

Retails in Japan
Japanese Yen-176,400 converts to USD-1,759.75

Retail in USA-$1,099.00

That's about $800 more for the LTD & at least DOUBLE for the ESP-and they don't even have to SHIP those guitars very far. :eek:

Llexileon

The ESP Truckster in Japan is a Custom Shop serial model, not a 'signature series' serial. I've only ever seen a couple of them, one while i was in Japan, and the other from Mae Guitars on Ebay. Thats the reason the list is $5400 or so. Whole other league.

LTDs in Japan is a whole weird thing though, because ESP Japan actually have nothing to do with LTD production or design really, thats dealt with by ESP USA, who also deal with storage and distribution, so technically, those guitars are Imports into Japan. Hence the price hikes. You never see LTDs in japan really.

Thats why Japan has the 'Edwards' line, which is essentially the equivalent LTD range designed and produced by ESP Japan.

Post to Thread