2008 Alexi Question?

Updated
John The Fisherman
Are the new Esp Alexi's coming with a gain booster on them? From the pictures in the catalog and on the website it looks like it is. Does anybody know for sure?
MyApocalypse

Are the new Esp Alexi's coming with a gain booster on them? From the pictures in the catalog and on the website it looks like it is. Does anybody know for sure?

If you're talking about the american ESP models, then no.

The ESP models look like they have a preamp or a gainboost but i highly doubt ESP would include it.

murtis

If you're talking about the american ESP models, then no.

The ESP models look like they have a preamp or a gainboost but i highly doubt ESP would include it.

on non usa alexis a gain booster is inlcuded and has been since last year.

it changed from an EMg booster tho to a ESP made booster desgned to replicate the orginal jackson circuitry of alexis old jackson..

load more replies (1 of 1)
John The Fisherman

Its just weird because in the pictures you can see a switch either being a gainboost or preamp but it says nothing under specs about it. Thanks for your replies.

sicmaggot08

I was wondering too, what that switch is for?? Maybe its a kill switch or just a fake like the upper toggle switch on the JH Truckster...

Greatdeceiver

its a 1 way pickup switcher, duh

HotKarl

So the new Alexi guitars do not include the Seymour Duncan Blackouts pickup?

HotKarl

Won't the booster be unnecessary since he now uses the Duncan Blackouts?

murtis

Won't the booster be unnecessary since he now uses the Duncan Blackouts?

yeah, he dosent use it for actives/

too much noise.

Throne_Of_Lunacy

The new Alexi guitars DO include the Blackouts. I'm not too sure about the Japanese ESP and Edwards Models though.

murtis

OK

theres the USA alexis..

they used to come with a EMG HZ, but for 2008 they come with an extended cutaway and a balckout... apart from the alexi 200.

all non usa alexis.. including the edwards range still ship with EMG's. some of the newer ones ship with EMG's and the MM04 gain booster

MyApocalypse

Damn that new Edwards Pink Sawtooth is looking good.

I have the old alexi-600 and i really like it. People are always bashing the HZH4, but i think it sounds fine.

murtis

i have an SV..

once im in a band im getting an alexi CS sig..\

the money for an edwards can always go towards a real ESP..

MyApocalypse

i have an SV..

once im in a band im getting an alexi CS sig..\

the money for an edwards can always go towards a real ESP..

true..but i think i'd be fine with the edwards..I don't think im bad at guitar, but i'm only 14 man.

An Alexi CS sig eh? why not get your own custom guitar? Heard of Ran Guitars?

load more replies (1 of 1)
mafropetee

I've considered saving up for a Ran, but the deal I've found for an Edwards E-RV-148 just can't be beat, and the guitar isn't too far from what I would order from Ran.

Throne_Of_Lunacy

i would get an Ran guitar but i dont have enough money right now
they seem pretty good

Post to Thread