GL600 George Lynch Serpent LTD

Updated
GL600 George Lynch Serpent LTD
I was wondering when these were going to be available to the public and now the wait is over! The price of the GL256 got me very excited about the possibilites for the LTD Serpent. The GL256 sells for only $449 retail! Well, needless to say, I am very disappointed with the price of the Serpent:confused: I'm not sure if I can post it here, but Sam Ash has them online (no case included). I would love to have one on my collection but not for that price. You can get a "used" ESP (non-LTD) for about the same price. What are your thoughts?
MV-CTM

The Serpent is a 600 series guitar, the 256 is a 250 series guitar, BIG difference

MisterScary

The Serpent is a 600 series guitar, the 256 is a 250 series guitar, BIG difference

Good point! I really didn't think of it that way but it makes a lot of sense. I'm sure the quality of the Serpent will be good and that might make the difference worth the price tag.

If only my "economic stimulus plan" check would hurry up and get here! :rollin

Btw, just for a rough comparison, I played the GL256 and couldn't believe how well it played. I'm not really into the distressed look, but you can tell that ESP paid attention to detail. The pup cover was scrathed, the neck tarnished (yellow), and fretboard looked aged. Unbelievable price for that guitar!

espdood

If you're a big GL fan and absolutely want the Serpent despite the price, then get it. If you want a great guitar that is pretty much like the Serpent, I'd get a used ESP or a new M-II that doesn't cost that much more. My new ESP M-II with duncans only costed a 100 bucks more than the Serpent and I'm extremely happy with it.

1point8t

I was quoted $1150 for the Serpent from a dealer, a little steep IMO but then again, all of the sigs have gone up substantially in price this year.

And for the record, the GL256 is a GREAT guitar.

val

You'll probably be able to buy a LTD serpent used for $900 and less.
I really wanted a serpent too and like you I don't the price. It's same thing with the RZK series.

I'm still going for it, so? :?

Post to Thread