Differences with Alexi guitars

Updated
Arcane
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could explain the differences between the various makes of the guitar. I've noticed that the ESP and LTD guitar's bodies vary from the Edwards make. Specifically the length of the bottom, uhm, let's call it a horn... From what I see in the catalog, the ESP and LTD have the exact same shape, where the bottom horn is relatively long. In the case of the Edwards, the bottom horn is shorter. Very close to the Randy Rhoads Jackson shape. I personally prefer the longer shape, but from what I've read, the Edwards is "better" quality. Some people talk about the Japanese versions as well. Where do all these makes come from? Are there any other makes? I also see that the Edwards do the border pinstripes, whereas the ESP/LTD only have solid pinstripes. I would love to have the black and pink sawtooth, but with the ESP/LTD shape and the border pinstripes. I only have a plain white Alexi LTD 200, but hey, nothing is wrong with dreaming a little...
Helldragon

The ones with the longer horns are USA models (not made in the USA, made for the USA market - ESPs are made in Japan, LTDs are made in Korea)
LTD

Arcane

Hey, thanx

Anyone else who has some information about this, feel free to post something. I'm sure it'll be very useful to a lot of people.

the_emptier

edwards can have the shorter horn due to the fact that it's the same specs length wise as the US Jackson RR's. the reason why the u.s. ones aren't like that because they would have gotten sued for using the copyrighted shape the that US rr's are. but any other country is fine to use it because the jackson stars (japan) are differnetn shaped then the us ones

and yes esp>edwards>ltd, but obviously there all good. i have the ltd-600 and its amazing no matter what anyone else says

Post to Thread