So Disappointed With New EC1000T

Updated
Newant

I recently decided to treat myself to a new Guitar and after much deliberation, I had settled on the LTD EC1000T FM.

I thought from all had seen and read, this was going to be a good quality guitar. 

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a custom shop guitar, just something that was well made and well finished.

The Guitar i received however was far from this expectation.

Opening the box to a new guitar is one of the greatest feelings and when I opened this box my heart sank.

On the Burst satin front was a hole, only small, about the size of a 'bradle' hole, but black and going straight through the maple top to the dark wood beneath.

On closer inspection it soon became apparent this was not the only issue. 

The Hardware was all tarnished looking like it was poorly 'plated' or had been stored in poor conditions causing it to start to corrode.

One of the volume pots was heavily scratch. This was not just dirt marks as it would not clean up.

On to the neck and the finish on the frets was horrendous. Glue and rough finish everywhere.

Note the strap button as well. Again looking like the plated items had been stored outside for months before being used.

This could be a bigger list of pictures with small scuffs on headstock and body.

I did tuned it up and see how it played.

Not surprisingly it played like a dog.

The nut is one of the worst ive seen on a guitar. no pic but it looks like someone used a 'hotwire' to melt the grooves into it for the strings to sit.

the strings would twang as they caught and slipped in the grooves. Wouldn't stay in tune for more than a few strums.

I put it straight into the box for return.

If any at ESP bother to look at what their customers are saying, then

'Come on guys' are you going to let your hard earned name go down the toilet because you wanted to save a few $$$ by moving your factory from Korea (who made great guitars) to Indonesia (who obviously couldn't care less for any part of the process)

Buyer Beware.

91horizon

Thats ashamed.I love ESP with all my heart when it comes to guitars but what the did by moving alot of the 400 series and up production from Korea to Indo really hurts. Its like what happend to Metallica in my eyes post Justice for All. You have this incrdible body of work then sellout. I dont care what anyone says, Indo cant hold Koreas jockstrap when it comes to consistant quality production. Id rather pay $100 more to have a Korean guitar than a Indo made guitar. I really wish they would reconsider.

Ross K.

I know thats right..the Korean made EC 401 QM I bought slightly used last week for $350 blows the Indonesian made brand new 2021 LTD EC 1001 Tiger eye I bought brand new..heck I even have a Made in China George Lynch Yellow Tiger GL-200-MT serial # L09037821 that blows the Indonesian made EC 1001 away..so for me I will be checking and buying Made in Korea LTD's from now on.

Nathan M.

Wow did that have an inspected sticker on the back? Whoever missed those issues needs their eyes checked. What vendor did you order from as well? Any respectable vendor should easily have caught those issues..... 

Pushead

That's disappointing to hear. Glad to hear your dealer is working with you.

Paul G.

I just bought 2 new ESP guitars, and I shopped the dealer as much as the guitars. I purchased a E-ii, Horizon 3,

and a X tone PS 1000. Did tons of research on the guitars. The dealer I chose was Northeast Music Center, Jack Gretz being the owner.

I have dealt with him before, and he's the deal. Both guitars were perfectly setup, and he changed the strings to my preferred guage, .095-.044.

This is my preference going forward.

Dealing with the owner, versus a huge conglomerate.

Plus if I have a problem, he'll take care of it.

Love ESP guitars!

Do your due diligence on the dealer as much as you do it on your prospective instrument.

Oliver I.

That is really too bad! All in all I have 12 ESP eclipse - and Ltd-1000 guitars and the quality is very good to unbelievable amazing good!   Til now i am very impressed of the quality of every ESP guitar I own , especially compared to Gibson guitars in the same price  range ...

Post to Thread