Witch one?

Updated
Witch one?
The former ESP/LTD agency in Sweden are selling out their stock at GREAT prices. Now I can't choose between a LTD MH-401STB or a LTD MH-250STBLK. I know the 401 is somewhat higher up the ladder but I don't know if I want a blue guitar. Witch would you choose?
Josh in NY

Hmmm, tough choice. Have you played either one to see which one feels and plays better to you? That would be the best thing to do if you can and it makes your decision making a little easier. If not, then I'd say which would you rather have, and with multiple aspects to look at. Things like construction mainly and pickups will be the biggest issues. Granted pickups can always be swapped out for something else, but it's the question of do you like the feel and warmer tone of a neck-thru, or do you prefer a brighter tone from the bolt-on???

hellride

The 401 has got EMG's but they will not last (hate EMG's) in that guitar. And it's got set thru joint (whatever that means).
The 250's got ESP mics and have neck thru body. I imagine that they will feel about the same but sound differently.

cullenszoo

I would go with which ever one calls to you. If it were sitting across the room on a stand do you feel the need to pick it up and play it. You can have the highest quality guitar in the world but if YOU are not inspired to play it, it might as well be a piece of cardboard.

hellride

They ALL call to me. That's the problem. And to make things worse, I tried out a CHARVEL Desolation DX-1fr in a store the other day. Now that axe is also calling me!!! AND the M-401blk to!!!!
I think I'll play the flute or somethin instead ;)

cullenszoo

They ALL call to me. That's the problem. And to make things worse, I tried out a CHARVEL Desolation DX-1fr in a store the other day. Now that axe is also calling me!!! AND the M-401blk to!!!!
I think I'll play the flute or somethin instead ;)

Dude! Your screwed! You've got it bad. Guess you better take out a loan and buy them all!

load more replies (1 of 1)
t1mman

My preference goes for the neck-thru, set neck being a close second.

(set neck means it's glued instead of bolted)

hellride

Showed my wife some pics and asked her what she thought.
She said that I should get a white Les Paul with a black pickguard and gold hardware
'cause it looked cute...

No help there...

cullenszoo

Since you're faced with so many choices I would think the way to narrow it down is to really go over every inch of the guitars. Check the frets, body, find out specs on the pick ups, and find the best over all. Be very picky about the finish and build quality. look for the one in perfect condition.

Post to Thread