First LTD Purchase

Updated
First LTD Purchase
Hi. I'm new to the forum. Finally got my account activated. Thanks. Next monday if it goes well, I will be getting my first LTD guitar. Its going to be an H-1001FR Deluxe guitar in the red finish. Pics and a video will be late though because I will be wanting it re-strung with Ernie Ball 10's and set up to drop c. A question though before I get the guitar, how does the neck feel/play? Nice and comfy? I hear the necks are kinda thin. Are they good for metalcore kinda stuff? Thanks. I'm selling 2 of my old guitars I don't play on anymore for the LTD. Been wanting one for awhile. Anyway, have a nice one. :)
Metaldude

I just played it a couple days ago and the neck contour actually isn't that thin . it was a lil to thick for me , thats what I remember .

deus ex machina

10's in Drop C? Umm.... too light, IMO.

OutlawTorn

10's in Drop C? Umm.... too light, IMO.

i agree with this, however, when i do play drop C i use my viper that i have .10-52 on it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ltdman87

I have 10's on my Schecter Damien Elite Avenger for drop c and they work fine for me. :P

ltdman87

Also I won't quite yet be able to get the new guitar in drop c. Kinda sucks. But drop d works ok for me too. I just like drop tuned metal for some reason. More fun to play.

cullenszoo

When did E become the alternate tuning?

ltdman87

I mostly play in drop d or c.

ltdman87

3 more days and I get my first LTD guitar. Can't wait. :D Hoping to get it set up for drop c. I will let you guys know though. I'll try to get early pics of the guitar too so the video will come later. Got my metalcore riff figured out though that I will be demoing the guitar with. Its kind of an August Burns Red inspired riff.

cullenszoo

I recently picked up my first LTD product and I think you will find the neck inspiring.

Metaldude

I recently picked up my first LTD product and I think you will find the neck inspiring.

definately ! I love the extra thin u neck contour !

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metaldude

man I dont know bout this "Monday Tuesday " stuff .....
I mean , those guys working there are normal humans like me and u , but the thing that u said about them with work . I think it's not like "school" working at ESP . especially at Korea or Japan etc ....
this mo tue stuff is more like a when a student is wasted in Monday , more motivated on Tuesday etc .....

when it comes to the guitar , it's a kh - 602 , so in my opinion the specs are fine abd the guitar feels great all in all .
I expected a bit more sustain cause the neck thru fact , but since the 1000 series got zinc and no steel blocks , it seems logical to me .

it would be interesting to research those "most effective " working days in a guitar company , for example , u can play with 5 of the same guitar model and try to feel the difference .

Josh in NY

man I dont know bout this "Monday Tuesday " stuff .....
I mean , those guys working there are normal humans like me and u , but the thing that u said about them with work . I think it's not like "school" working at ESP . especially at Korea or Japan etc ....
this mo tue stuff is more like a when a student is wasted in Monday , more motivated on Tuesday etc .....

when it comes to the guitar , it's a kh - 602 , so in my opinion the specs are fine abd the guitar feels great all in all .
I expected a bit more sustain cause the neck thru fact , but since the 1000 series got zinc and no steel blocks , it seems logical to me .

it would be interesting to research those "most effective " working days in a guitar company , for example , u can play with 5 of the same guitar model and try to feel the difference .

Working - no matter for what company and/or where they are - is NO different than kids at school. And unless it's an actual ESP, they're all made by machine which we all know. So people working at whatever factory making these guitars and parts are no different than you, me or anyone else, especially when it comes to time off. Just saying...

But what you say about the trem having zinc instead of steel blocks is probably all the difference in itself and why there's a major lack of sustain. I could say try a whole different trem and see if it makes a difference. We all know that some are better than others, and that materials will make a huge difference in tone and sustain.

And it's simple to to play 5 of the exact same guitar and feel the difference. Ever play the Ibanez 7's and notice how the neck profile is always different from one guitar to the next? Not only that, but ever notice how some just feel and play better compared to the next or previous one??? ESP/LTD's are no different in this aspect. I can and will tell you for a fact that this is true with the dozen M107's and multiple H207's I've owned since 2004. The H207 I have now plays and feels WAY different than the last H207 I had, just like the 2 M107's I have now play and feel way better than the other 10 that have come and gone over the years.

The whole "Mon, Tues" thing is just an analogy. Sorry if you don't get or understand it... And the OP was asking about the 1000 series guitars, not specifically the tremolo. If I'm not mistaken, the newer 1000 series guitars now feature the Floyd Rose Special tremolos, which I'm sure are and will be different compared to the older 1000 series trem like the one you have on your KH602

Metaldude

ofcourse I understand , and it seems acceptable to me .
yeah it's easy to feel a difference between 5 guitars of the same models , but I ment putting them into the right order of there manufacturing day .

ive never heard of this kinda working thing , when it comes to guitars atleast . that's why I'm a lil bit sceptic

Josh in NY

oh, I got ya... And trying to catch the 5 guitars by day of manufacture would be done right at the QC inspection at the factory. Now this is slightly problematic because most guitars that are manufactured overseas are shipped back here to go thru the QC process before getting shipped out to the stores then to the customer. This whole process makes trying that kind of test theory impossible unfortunately.

And I tend to think that the "Wednesday" analogy tends to work for anything, not just guitars.

shathe

that was my first ltd. it hat a slightly thicker neck than some of the M series. but i think i's fine.

because of that guitar, i now own 8 ltd/esps...

Post to Thread