• patrick p.

ESP detectives needed! ESP strat?

• jt76

nope,  the headstock is subtly wrong, the tuners are wrong, so are the decals on the headstock.   looks like it might be a decent neck from the picture, maybe warmouth or something, made to look like an esp headstock.   pickguard and pickups are not stock esp.  it could maybe be a 400 series body with a replacement neck.

heres mine

heres what a custom shop headstock logo should look like from my custom tele

• patrick p.

quite a few differences ! PLAYS REALLY WELL GREAT ACTION confusing as it is the bodys not to far off the  your 400?

• jt76

these old 80's strats had vintage fret wire,  its small,  and I have seen a lot of them that are worn and no longer playable without a refrett.   It very possible

that its an esp body, that had a worn out neck, or based on the pickups in it the previous owner may have just wanted bigger frets. Its not that much money for a

decent quality USA made replacement neck so if you don't have acess to a good luthier to replace the frets then it eaiser just to replace the neck.    So thats my guess.  

• jt76

also my cream colored one, was orginally a pearl white color like what yours looks like,  it has yellowed over time,

it is still pearl white under the pickguard. 

• jt76

just had a thought,  next time you change the strings take the neck off and have a look ( if you are comfortable doing that ),  sometimes there is information on the heal of the neck or in the neck pocket on the guitar.    

• jt76

the neck plate should be engraved esp small print (like maybe 3/16" tall), new models are engraved in large print ( somewhere about 3/4" tall),  but this one should be the small print and it should have the serial number engraved on it as well. 

Cancel