Japanese Standards with Old Logo?

Updated
Japanese Standards with Old Logo?

Can you order a Horizon NT-II Standard with the old logo. I HATE the new block one, looks generic 

There is still stock around with the old logo and the discontinued finishes, talk to your dealer.

Proletariat

The new logo sucks, I wonder who's brilliant idea that was?

Superpuma

the same people who decided the H-1001's needed 5 pounds of abalone. The same people who decide on these ridiculous new Horizon headstocks. The people who decided the H-400 should have zebra pickups, the people who licensed these horrible limited edition horror movie character guitars....  This is what happens when companies do not listen to their customers.  They consider themselves tastemakers, and TELL their customers what to like.  I have played ESP guitars for 15 years and my eyes are wandering... thats got to be a bad sign.

davedeath

i agree about the abalone 

Mitch L

I agree. They need to pay more attention to what the costumes want; rather like you said force people to buy what they think is appealing. 

Leo Vannucci

Well, tell me about it. Not only does it look generic, they only made it for one year! I own an ESP Standard FR-7 with the new block/slanted logo (very similar to the LTD Elite or the E-II logos) thinking it was "the new logo" and I wanted to have the latest version. After a few months, they took the damn thing away and now your only option is the E-II... with the same ugly block/slant logo AND, the fact that it won't say ESP anymore, it will say E-II. Much like owning an LTD or LTD Elite. 

TT

Not at all like owning and LTD or LTD Elite.   LTD are not Japanese made.  LTD Elite are not really an LTD.  And, I believe it does say ESP on the back of the headstock of the new E-II line.  Besides, once everyone understands and get's used to the name change, then all will be well and no one should then confuse an LTD with an E-II.

BTW OP, who cares if the ESP logo is in a different font?  You're not going to get the guitar because of the font for the logo?  It doens't affect the playability or tone at all. No one who will hear you play will care or know what guitra you have or what font the logo is.  

Travis L.

Those old block logos are the shit! My ESP M-II NTB has the new one! Still looks badass, but that old ass logo is perfect! I'm trying to find an M-I NTB with the old logo before the E-ii's flood the stores

Pushead666

there are some esp with the old logo on musicstore, german shop

Erlend M.

Ebay?

Mitch L

A logo is a logo. Your not paying money for looks, when truely you should go after tone and how well it plays and what it's made of. Last I checked my esp logo does nothing to incent a sound. So deal with it. 

Matt D.

I actually aree with you. I didn't like the 2012 logo, I prefer the block style logo. I know that the logo says nothing about how the guitar sounds but if you're going shell out decent $$$ for a guitar it should be the way you like it. There are plenty of merchants on line that have nos still in the box. My horizon was nos. Still covered under factory warranty.

Fyl

whether block, cursive, old new eii esp custom or not etc, youre paying a bundle for a premium product - and image comes with the territory...having preferences is natural

... now if smb would just post a survey on which one gets the groupie chicks all hot and bothered!! :

Post to Thread