Lockdown Rockdown Contest
So far, 2020 hasn’t turned out exactly as we were hoping. For example, we didn’t predict that most of the planet would be socially isolated, with many of us stuck in our homes to fight the spread of a pandemic. But as long as we’re here, we might as well make good use of the time with the ESP Lockdown Rockdown! Alex Skolnick of Testament has provided us with a background track — a section from "Code of Hammurabi” off the new Testament album Titans of Creation — which we’ve made available below. Download the track, do your very best shredding over it, and upload your entry. A panel of judges from ESP and Alex himself will review the entries, and some talented people are going to win big prizes.
- First Place: Your choice of any LTD “New for 2020” guitar or bass, or any Alex Skolnick LTD Signature Series guitar model.
- Second Place: $100 USD worth of ESP clothing/accessory merchandise.
- Third Place: $50 USD worth of ESP clothing/accessory merchandise.
- Top 10 Entries: Featured on the ESP Guitars web site.
1. Download the backing track here (WAV file, 18MB). DOWNLOAD AUDIO TRACK
2. Record your solo track, playing along with Alex’s backing track. NOTE: We can accept both audio and video files at the “Submit" button below.
3. Make sure to name your file as follows: “YOURNAME_LOCKDOWN”. NOTE: We will only accept files under 20MB.
4. If you are already registered as an ESP All Access member, log in, enter your email address, upload your file and submit your entry below. We will contact you at this address if you win. Only one entry per person allowed.
5. If you are not registered, enter your email address, upload your file and complete the signup form below to enter and register as an ESP All Access member... it's free.
Good luck to all you locked-down rockers from Alex Skolnick and ESP!
- The best way to create your entry is to download the backing track to your computer, create a new file in your DAW software, import the backing track, and play over it on a separate track. Then, bounce both the backing track and your solo down to an MP3 or similar audio file.
- If you don’t have access to recording software, we’ll be glad to get your submissions other ways, such as filmed on your phone with you playing along with the backing track.
- We are not looking for any specific style of playing. Be yourself. Our judges will base their decisions on multiple merits including the technical aptitude, note selection, and feel of your solo.
- The song is in C#... everything else is up to you.
- Note that only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries will result in immediate disqualification. Make sure to upload your entry by May 31, 2020!
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED AND INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Sponsor: The ESP Guitar Company, 10903 Vanowen Street, North Hollywood, CA 91605 (“ESP”).
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Entrants need not be present to win.
Entry: Entrants may enter the contest by filling out and submitting the online entry form via the online link at http://www.espguitars.com. Only one entry will be accepted per person. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years or older as of April 15, 2020. Employees of The ESP Guitar Company and their affiliates, their agencies and representatives and their immediate family members, and individuals residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to participate in this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules, the decision of the judges and voters and agree to accept all decisions of ESP with respect to this contest as final.
Contest Period: The contest will begin on April 15, 2020 at 5PM PDT and entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM, PDT, on May 31, 2020.
Potential prize winners will be notified by the contact information submitted when entering the contest. If a winner is unreachable for three days after the initial attempt to contact him or her, or is otherwise unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. All winners will be subject to verification and must meet all eligibility requirements before a prize is awarded.
Prizes and Odds of Winning: The grand prize is the winner’s choice of any LTD guitar or bass in the “New for 2020” collection, or the winner’s choice of an LTD Alex Skolnick Signature Series guitar. The second prize is $100 USD of the winner’s choice in ESP clothing and/or accessory merchandise. The third prize is $50 USD of the winner’s choice in ESP clothing and/or accessory merchandise. Additionally, the top ten entries will be featured on the ESP site for public listening. The odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entrants. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.
General Considerations: No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of the prizes are permitted. Prizes will be shipped to winners by ESP at no cost. Winners are responsible for the payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes. ESP may use information you provide to us in order to send you updates, such as notifications of changes to the terms of our services or information about our services and products. You will be provided opportunities to “opt out” of future communications upon receipt of any communications from ESP.
Limitation of Liability: Neither ESP nor any of its affiliates is responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. ESP reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest, as determined by ESP in its sole discretion. By entering, participants release and hold harmless ESP and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity.
Winners List: Winner information will be posted at www.espguitars.com on or before June 7, 2020.