Need help ID'ing this USA Custom Eclipse

Updated
Justin F.

Any help is appreciated. I got this second hand, no paperwork. I can't find any serials, though I haven't taken it apart. What is it? It's easily one of the best playing guitars I have owned, but not a huge fan of clear finishes. Thinking of selling it, but not sure how to list it, or even what it may be worth. Pretty sure it's pre-2000's.

metalhobo

pre-2000s is right, ESP was selling guitars made in Hollywood in the mid to late 1990s. they're relatively rare and as you probably know very high quality instruments. pushead probably has more recollection on this subject than I do...

Justin F.

Anyone else? Really hoping for the mothership to weigh in.....

ESP Guitars

Hey Justin, under our support tab we have our product archives that includes catalogs from every year with specs, check out page 24 from our 1999 catalog and you should see it there! https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/082/ESP-1999-Catalog.pdf?1392144593

Justin F.

Thanks, that's helpful! I wanted to add, I found this in the neck - 

1997?

Justin F.

Hi ESP - just want to know if the markings on the neck indicate it's a 1997 model or if it's a 1999 as you indicated. Thanks!

metalhobo

I don't think he was suggesting it was a 1999, he was just providing an example from the catalog for the purpose of illustrating the specification. the date written on your guitar indeed indicates when it was made.

Justin F.

So there's no way of ID'ing an ESP USA Custom without disassembling it. 

Michael G.

I have a '98 USA Custom Eclipse similar to yours except mine is Trans Red with flame maple top. It originally came with the Duncan JB/59 set, but it didn't have a Ground wire or even a hole drilled for one, so I switched them out for a EMG Zakk set. Mine is the only one I have seen that has a Number stamped on the very last fret, I also does not have a Serial on the Neck Plate. I have not taken the neck off, may do that one day, I was told these were built by John Gaudesi at the Old Hollywood Custom Shop. 

Post to Thread