ESP Photos on Instagram and Facebook

Updated
ESP Photos on Instagram and Facebook

I follow ESP on FB and Insta and whenever you guys post an image of an Eclipse with a Tune-O-Matic style bridge I have noticed that the bridge and the stop bar/tail peice are really close to the body.

My question is are these pics taken before or after a set-up?

The pics I'm referring to are usually the USA Eclipse models and one recently posted of a Will Adler Warbird.

I'm wondering because I have a couple of Eclipse myself and if I set the bridge that low I can not get 2mm string clearance at the 12th fret on the low E as per the factory specs minimum string height in the manual. To get 2mm I have a lot more thread showing on the bridge post. Getting the 1.5mm on the high E string is easy enough.

Also if I screw in the stop bar that low which is pretty much to the body I get strings touching the back of the bridge. I know some people prefer the stop bar clamped to the body because the believe they can get more sustain and tone out of the guitar but does it really make a difference? While others believe the strings should never touch.  

I would like to also note my necks are spot on with the factory recommended .3mm - .5mm clearence and I'm using 11-48 strings. 

I have also noticed on ESP's youtube channel there is no tutorial video on how to set up a Tune-o-Matic style bridge. Something to consider in the future perhaps?

ESP Guitars

Our models are not setup prior to being photographed, so there will be some variation with the perceived hardware adjustments. While there definitely is a difference in opinion regarding the contact the strings make with the back of the TOM, we do not adjust this unless it becomes a hindrance to the quality of the instrument. We also appreciate the suggestion for another video!

barryswanson

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense now

Post to Thread