Battery compartment

Updated
Steve B.

I'm 60 yrs old  nd i only say that because i have played and seen MANY Guitars and electric Basses, also Drums. I have to say, i love my LTD B-155DX Bass, but one simple thing that anf IDIOT could figure out! Why doesn't the battery cover not have a simple quick opening for the 9 volt batter???  You have to get a screwdriver,then PRY out the cover to change battery!!!!  What kind of engineering IDIOT came up with that?   It's the most stupidest design that I've ever seen!!! I've already scratched cover just to get it off with both screws out!  Also, just got this bass 2 days ago. It didn't seem to be very loud so i checked the CHEAP ASS battery and was 3/4 low on energy.  I know this is a cheap bass,but thats no reason to have a worn down battery and having a battery compartment that doesn't have a simple lid that opens.... LIKE ALL OTHER BASSES IVE OWNED!!!!  I wish corporate of ESP would read this!!!! This was my first instrument from ESP.  You can bet, its my last one!!!  Ibanez makes a low end line of basses too, but have a lid on battery compartment. DUH!!!!!!!  Come on, ESP!!!!!!!!!

Steve B.

Battery compartment
Posted by Steve B. 17 hours ago
I'm 60 yrs old nd i only say that because i have played and seen MANY Guitars and electric Basses, also Drums. I have to say, i love my LTD B-155DX Bass, but one simple thing that anf IDIOT could figure out! Why doesn't the battery cover not have a simple quick opening for the 9 volt batter??? You have to get a screwdriver,then PRY out the cover to change battery!!!! What kind of engineering IDIOT came up with that? It's the most stupidest design that I've ever seen!!! I've already scratched cover just to get it off with both screws out! Also, just got this bass 2 days ago. It didn't seem to be very loud so i checked the CHEAP ASS battery and was 3/4 low on energy. I know this is a cheap bass,but thats no reason to have a worn down battery and having a battery compartment that doesn't have a simple lid that opens.... LIKE ALL OTHER BASSES IVE OWNED!!!! I wish corporate of ESP would read this!!!! This was my first instrument from ESP. You can bet, its my last one!!! Ibanez makes a low end line of basses too, but have a lid on battery compartment. DUH!!!!!!! Come on, ESP!!!!!!!!!

Pushead

I wish I was as passionate about anything in my life as Steve is about battery compartments.

Steve B.

It might a small thing, but it's a matter of common sense. Little things can mean cutting corners in other areas. Now i have a big scratch on my battery cover from trying to pry out cover after removing the screws!!!! If cover fit correctly it would have just fell off. I should have been patient and waited on an Ibanez Bass.

Pushead

Perhaps. But common sense would have told me that a screwdriver was the wrong tool for the job. If it's that tight, you should have used a finger nail or a razor blade to pop it. It sounds like you were cutting corners on the job.

Not sure it's fair to blame ESP for your mistake.

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

Perhaps. But common sense would have told me that a screwdriver was the wrong tool for the job. If it's that tight, you should have used a finger nail or a razor blade to pop it. It sounds like you were cutting corners on the job.

Not sure it's fair to blame ESP for your mistake.

Or you can use tape to lift it off

Inkdbakr
Pushead wrote:

I wish I was as passionate about anything in my life as Steve is about battery compartments.

I’m reviving a 2 year old thread just to laugh at this 

Pushead

I don't remember writing it, but I do enjoy when I can go back and laugh at something I wrote years ago.

Evan S.
Pushead wrote:

I don't remember writing it, but I do enjoy when I can go back and laugh at something I wrote years ago.

Lol dude it's pretty greedy to cheap out on every possible thing. 

otis j.

The battery compartment was sealed and kept shut among us until mid-afternoon when the outboard battery vent was opened.

Thomas F.

Battery covers are parts that are important to safety. nyt sudoku

Aaron R.

My advice for you is to use a small flathead screwdriver to carefully remove the battery cover without damaging it. Alternatively, you may consider purchasing a contexto battery compartment cover with a quick-release feature that you can easily install on your bass.

hena l.

I understand your frustration retro bowl with the design of the battery compartment on your LTD B-155DX Bass. It can be inconvenient to have to use a screwdriver and potentially damage the cover in order to change the battery.

Kimb J.

thank you

Hieu P.

I think if you installed it but it still doesn't work then you should take it to the repair place to fix the situation like above,wordle game, maybe it is faulty and you should consider that.

Den B.

that's what I was looking for thanks!

David  M.

i play this game too, its fun you should play it guys. drift hunters

juli a.

hello

Post to Thread