ESP KH2 CS Neck Thru neck finish

Updated
MasterOfPuppies

Hi, i need your help since i've noticed something strange happening to  my guitar, it's a Custom Shop Esp KH2 neck Thru.

I don't know why ( i pay attention and i take care of my guitars on a regular basis),  is starting to lose some of the protection finish materal around the bottom side of the neck, just before the neck meets the fingerboard. 

At the moment just a small portion had detached, but it will expand of course, if not stopped.

i'd like to have an advice and the correct procedure in order to fix this peeling issue.

What material is my guitar finished with? What to do to replace the finish on that particular spot?

Please let me know

Thanx in advance

ESP 348

Any pics of the problem man?

I have never heard of this before and would love to see what you are talking about.

MasterOfPuppies

Here's a pic, as you can see, the peeling effect is on the side of the rosewood fretboard. If you touch on the inside of those 2 wood exposures, you can fell right the bare wood.

I hope it makes more sense now withthe pic  

ESP 348

Yeah, I see what you are talking about now.

Looks like some of the clear coat has some off the side hasn't it?

Not too sure how one fixes it, perhaps take it you your local luthier and give him a look.

I have never seen this happen on an ESP guitar before, but there is always a first lol

MasterOfPuppies

Yes it has, it is a barely noticeable thing.... it doesn't affect the playing at all, nor the look of the axe since it is not so visible ... anyway i'll make it see to a luthier asap. If not stopped the peeling might expand....

He will ask me the material of that finish/coat for sure, that's why i'm asking here too.

So any luthier in here or an expert, or a Esp tech, in order to have an official answer?

Post to Thread