Loose string posts

Updated
Fod

Hi.

I have 2 loose posts on my ltd b50 bass tuners and would like to know how to tighten them back up.

Thanks.

ESP Admin
Fod wrote:

Hi.

I have 2 loose posts on my ltd b50 bass tuners and would like to know how to tighten them back up.

Thanks.

Some causes include damaged gears or loose connecting hardware. There is a screw that holds the shaft onto the cog that is turned by the worm gear inside the housing. This screw can come loose, although rarely, and can cause the shaft to 'wobble'. It can be tightened but, to access the screw you have to remove the back cover. Unfortunately the cover will get damaged almost 100% of the time when trying to remove it, as it needs to be pried off, and usually is not able to be placed back on leaving you with an unsightly open back on your tuner. Another cause could be a chipped or bad cog/gear. 

As the former cause could potentially damage the tuner and the latter cause is non-repairable, it is suggested that you replace the machine heads. ESP provides warranty on hardware during the first year of ownership after purchasing. If you would like to make a warranty claim, or if you need assistance locating comparable aftermarket replacements, then please contact our customer service team when you have a moment and they will be glad to assist you. (customerservice@espguitars.com)

Post to Thread