E-II Eclipse pickup question

Updated
E-II Eclipse pickup question

Hi all,

Got a 2015 E-II Eclipse with EMG 81/60. Wondered if mine features the completely solderless quick connect system? I'm thinking about maybe swapping them for Het Set or 57/66....Is it simply a case of removing and plugging the new ones in? Looked on Youtube seems easy but don't know if my guitar has quick connect.

Cheers, Richard.

Pushead

Yes. ESP solders the pickup wires to the pots instead of using their solderless connections in the cavity, but the quick connectors on the pickup end are just a simple swap.  A Het Set of 57/66 combo is just a simple swap.

Rikki Tikki Tavi

Thanks Pushead, only recently realised how easy it is to swap EMG's. Het Set coming my way I think! Anyone else on here swapped an 81/60 for Het Set on an Eclipse?

ESP Admin
Rikki Tikki Tavi wrote:

Hi all,

Got a 2015 E-II Eclipse with EMG 81/60. Wondered if mine features the completely solderless quick connect system? I'm thinking about maybe swapping them for Het Set or 57/66....Is it simply a case of removing and plugging the new ones in? Looked on Youtube seems easy but don't know if my guitar has quick connect.

Cheers, Richard.

To confirm what the community has already answered, yes the EMG Quick Connects are installed but soldered to the potentiometers. The pickups can be easily exchanged with any other EMG set that uses the Quick Connect system. 

Post to Thread