Vernon Reid ESP

Updated
Vernon Reid ESP

Does anyone know If the Vernon Reid ESP seen in "Cult of Personality" was a custom order made for him? A guitar shop called Uncleikes on Instagram claims that there were only 2 made, one was for Vernon and he has the other one that is pictured on his page. I also have one. What is the really story behind this model of guitar? Were they known as a Vernon Reid signature model or are they just a custom shop order. I have videos and pics on my Instagram page "doctorpowerful"

Slatanic.
BETRAYAL wrote:

Does anyone know If the Vernon Reid ESP seen in "Cult of Personality" was a custom order made for him? A guitar shop called Uncleikes on Instagram claims that there were only 2 made, one was for Vernon and he has the other one that is pictured on his page. I also have one. What is the really story behind this model of guitar? Were they known as a Vernon Reid signature model or are they just a custom shop order. I have videos and pics on my Instagram page "doctorpowerful"

his 80's ESP multiswirl was inspired by a guitar that was being made for Bruce Kulick, that happened to be in the ESP showroom that caught his eye (Paul Stanley actually came up with the finish and had the multiswirl guitar made for Bruce to tour with) pretty certain Vernon's is a one off in terms of production (custom order) to which Vernon later had Paul Skelton add the black pickgaurd because of the wear he was causing to the guitar.

Ive seen a few ESPs with the multswirl finish, A board member on here has one with the Horizon body shape (neckthru) 

I have a multiswirl Mirage Custom (neckthru) check my post history if you want to see it.

Ive seen the actual finish posted on an early 90s catalog as a finish option for custom shop orders.

I forget which guitar body is Vernon's

CLT-ESP

Also known as the Gobstopper finish, these were offered in the late 80's and very early 90's through the old 48th Street shop in NY where a good majority of their guitars were one-off custom orders. Vernon's original green Gobstopper is hanging up in the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando just outside of Universal Studios.

Here are a couple of mine, the green one being a Maverick version, the teal being a NTB Mirage Custom I recently sold to another fellow ESP fanatic in Alaska. 

Slatanic.
CLT-ESP wrote:

Also known as the Gobstopper finish, these were offered in the late 80's and very early 90's through the old 48th Street shop in NY where a good majority of their guitars were one-off custom orders. Vernon's original green Gobstopper is hanging up in the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando just outside of Universal Studios.

Here are a couple of mine, the green one being a Maverick version, the teal being a NTB Mirage Custom I recently sold to another fellow ESP fanatic in Alaska. 

Very nice man.

CLT-ESP

Thanks Slatanic. Was just looking at yours. WOW! Gorgeous guitar!!! I'm your guy if you ever decide to let her go. I have somewhat of a fondness for flo green guitars. My wife refers to my fondness as a "problem".  

Slatanic.
CLT-ESP wrote:

Thanks Slatanic. Was just looking at yours. WOW! Gorgeous guitar!!! I'm your guy if you ever decide to let her go. I have somewhat of a fondness for flo green guitars. My wife refers to my fondness as a "problem".  

Do you have an Instagram? Would love to see higher res pics dude

CLT-ESP

Hit me up on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CLT.ESP 

Slatanic.
CLT-ESP wrote:

Hit me up on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CLT.ESP

aww damn. Not a FB user 

BETRAYAL

Awesome! Thanks! 

Post to Thread