LTD EC-401B no longer manufactured?

Updated
Nicolas M.

Hello,

Im from Argentina, i want to buy a baritone guitar for tune in DROP A, (7 semitones down in the 6th string and 5 semitones down in the other 5 strings), here is very complicated to obtain an ESP LTD because the prices are really high, so i want to buy the 401B online but when i search it on Amazon there is no longer available and in your page it is no longer available too, do you quit this guitar from the catalogue? Here i can obtain an EC-401 normal, is there a way to obtain a really good tunning on this normal 401? with 012 strings? im currently playing an EPI LP Custom Korea and in this tone the guitar oscilate a lot in the sixth string.

Regards...

ESP Admin

Hello,

Im from Argentina, i want to buy a baritone guitar for tune in DROP A, (7 semitones down in the 6th string and 5 semitones down in the other 5 strings), here is very complicated to obtain an ESP LTD because the prices are really high, so i want to buy the 401B online but when i search it on Amazon there is no longer available and in your page it is no longer available too, do you quit this guitar from the catalogue? Here i can obtain an EC-401 normal, is there a way to obtain a really good tunning on this normal 401? with 012 strings? im currently playing an EPI LP Custom Korea and in this tone the guitar oscilate a lot in the sixth string.

Regards...

Hey Nicolas, 

The EC-401 Baritone has been discontinued for now.

However we have other 6-string baritone models in the product line, see the links below.

https://www.espguitars.com/products/17252-f-200b-chm?category_id=1963296-f-series

https://www.espguitars.com/products/13524-mh-401b-fm-stblksb?category_id=1963304-mh-series

https://www.espguitars.com/products/13538-v-401b-blk?category_id=1963356-v

https://www.espguitars.com/products/17230-e-ii-viper-baritone-chms?category_id=1968276-viper-series-guitars

philpsycho13

So what’s happening with the baritone replacements I mean 3 years have gone by since the discontinuation of this guitar (and several other baritones if I may add that) and yet it seems that nothing has been done to replace those guitars baritones are important guitars for those that play in low guitar tunings and also for those like myself who find 7 string guitars uncomfortable to play sooo what’s happening? 

ESP Customer Service

Hello,

While the EC-401B remains a discontinued item, ESP still manufactures several 6 string baritone models:

ESP Ben Burnley EC Baritone

E-II Viper Baritone

LTD BB-600

LTD MH-400B

LTD Viper-400B

LTD Viper-201B

It looks like we actually have more models than the last time you asked!  You can always check out the the 7/8/Baritone Guitars section of our website for our available options.

Justin H.

Bring back the LTD EC 401 BARITONE 

Steve T.

While I appreciate that the six models ESP refers to above are currently available, there are no non-signature single-cut models available. The Ben Burnley model appeals only to a particular taste and/or his particular fanbase.

It would be great if the introduction of an updated EC401-B model could be considered, as an alternative to/replacement for the BB signature model or an alternative to one of the (three) baritone Viper models.

I would suggest a quality nut and tuners be provided as stock items, to ensure heavy-gauge strings for tuning to G-standard can be accommodated from the get-go. Factory set-up for B-standard tuning is fairly archaic nowadays. The "Baritone Obsessed" Facebook page may be a good start for research into what contemporary baritone players are looking for in products.

Thanks ESP for your consideration of these comments.

Regards.

Tom g.

I would also like the return of the EC401B or a 6 string baritone tele shape would be great too.

The Viper baritone has been on sale for as long as I can remember, and just brings back bad memories of chump metal from 2002.
The Ben Burnley ones are not remotely nice looking and I wouldn't touch it as I don't like the band.
I'm also just not into the MH shape.

There's six guitars listed above, but only 3 models/shapes.

David  E.

Check reverb

djent_king

I own one of these. They are extremely rare to come by even in the United States. I wound up finding one used in mint condition on guitar center when looking for my first baritone back in early 2020 and got one for $260. I've been looking for a second one ever since and have had no luck. If you find it grab it for sure, strange how rare they are....

Post to Thread