Eii horizon volume control

Updated
Brad R.

Hello I just purchased a new eii horizon nt ii from an authorized dealer. I noticed that on the volume control at approximately 3/4 rotation, the knob meets resistance as you turn it to full volume. It doesn't seem as though the pot is stuck because the rotation seems smooth put you do have to put more force to turn the knob full up. It does not turn as freely as the tone pot. It feels like a volume pot on a fender bass that I have played that has active DB boost if that makes sense. Is this normal for this guitar.

ESP Admin

Hello I just purchased a new eii horizon nt ii from an authorized dealer. I noticed that on the volume control at approximately 3/4 rotation, the knob meets resistance as you turn it to full volume. It doesn't seem as though the pot is stuck because the rotation seems smooth put you do have to put more force to turn the knob full up. It does not turn as freely as the tone pot. It feels like a volume pot on a fender bass that I have played that has active DB boost if that makes sense. Is this normal for this guitar.

From your description we can make some assumptions as to what is causing your issue but we are unable to determine the exact cause.  This could be as simple as a knob which is set too low on the potentiometer shaft or this could be an issue with the potentiometer itself and require replacing.  Please call or email our customer service staff and we would be glad to discuss this issue in more detail with you.  1(800) 423-8388  customerservice@espguitars.com

chris r.

Got the same issue on my new E-II Eclipse BB for 2 of the 3 knobs.

In my case this was due to what ESP Admin said : the knob was set too low on the potentiometer shaft.

To get it sorted, i've just unscrewed the knob cap a bit, and pulled it half a millimeter up.

Brad R.

Thanks Chris, I'll give that a try!

Post to Thread