Replacing ESP designed active pickups

Updated
ItSoHMtD

I posted this in the tech talk forum and received no reply, so please excuse the double post.

I have an LTD guitar with ESP designed active pickups, and would like to switch them out. Since these pickups seem to be emulating EMGs, I am wondering whether or not they are as simple to change as EMGs, which can simply be unscrewed and plugged in/out with other EMGs.

I realize I could unscrew the pickup and look for myself, but ease of the transition may have an impact on which pickup I decide to use (I'm otherwise slightly torn) and I would rather not completely detune my FR and take out the pickup just to find out.

Thanks!

ESP Admin

I posted this in the tech talk forum and received no reply, so please excuse the double post.

I have an LTD guitar with ESP designed active pickups, and would like to switch them out. Since these pickups seem to be emulating EMGs, I am wondering whether or not they are as simple to change as EMGs, which can simply be unscrewed and plugged in/out with other EMGs.

I realize I could unscrew the pickup and look for myself, but ease of the transition may have an impact on which pickup I decide to use (I'm otherwise slightly torn) and I would rather not completely detune my FR and take out the pickup just to find out.

Thanks!

Although this electronic configuration is similar to the EMG configurations, in that it is an active circuit, the pickups themselves are hardwired (i.e. no EMG Quick Connect) and are soldered to the potentiometers. If you plan to change the pickups, then some re-soldering will be required.

Post to Thread