EC-1000 neck/body joint question

Updated
grave1349

I ordered a LTD EC-1000QM Black Cherry for my son for a Christmas gift from an ESP Authorized Dealer and last night as I was polishing the guitar getting it ready to be wrapped I noticed this in the neck/body joint area:

Is this of any concern? The line going across is the neck joint area and what concerns me is part of that line is 'highlighted' for lack of better term. I do not feel a crack/ledge and the clear is smooth over that area. I contacted the supplier and they contacted back and said that one of their guitar techs will look at the pictures but I imagine I won't hear back again til after Christmas.

Sorry for the ipotato pics.

Thanks!

Pushead

I'm not from ESP, but that line is where wood from the neck meets the wood from the body.  The neck wood goes a good way into the body (you should be able to see it in the neck pickup cavity).  It does appear more prominent than most I've seen, but the line is most likely just part of the tinted filler rather than a gap.  I wouldn't be too worried.

Also, that's a fantastic gift.  Hopefully your son will get years of enjoyment from it!

grave1349

Pushead, thanks for the reply. I am still debating on what to do, they offered to send another one out to me for an exchange but this would be the second time I exchanged this guitar. The first EC-1000 arrived damaged and they shipped another one out before I even sent the damaged one back! Good customer service!

If it doesn't spread and/or crack through the clear I am ok with it as it is.

My son is really digging the guitar and new gear I got him, besides the EC-1000 he also got a Marshall DSL-40 tube amp with the Creamback upgrade, a BOSS GT-1 effects pedal and an ESP case for Christmas.

Heres his setup:

He should be set for awhile!

Pushead

Very nice!  You may not want to make it too public here, you'll have people applying for adoption!

I suspect the folks from ESP will be back shortly after New Years and have better info for you.

grave1349

Can a rep from ESP chime in and give me advice as to whether or not I should be concerned with the neck joint highlight?

Thanks!

Road King
Pushead wrote:

I'm not from ESP

They might as well hire you to answer questions.

ESP Admin
grave1349 wrote:

I ordered a LTD EC-1000QM Black Cherry for my son for a Christmas gift from an ESP Authorized Dealer and last night as I was polishing the guitar getting it ready to be wrapped I noticed this in the neck/body joint area:

Is this of any concern? The line going across is the neck joint area and what concerns me is part of that line is 'highlighted' for lack of better term. I do not feel a crack/ledge and the clear is smooth over that area. I contacted the supplier and they contacted back and said that one of their guitar techs will look at the pictures but I imagine I won't hear back again til after Christmas.

Sorry for the ipotato pics.

Thanks!

This visible line is where the glue joint is for the set-thru construction. Like a normal set neck, the heel of the neck is glued into the neck pocket in the body, however it extends deeper into the body than a normal bolt-on construction, and is then shaped like a neck-thru construction for comfort. This would not be a structural concern. 

Post to Thread