ESP Kelly Hayes Eclipse and Horizon Infos

Updated
WickedMao

Hi, I would like to get some infos about the models history and maybe know something more than what I already know.
I am manly curious about how many of them were made, specially talking about the Eclipse ones with the Red Spider and an Horizon with Kanji Cold logo on the Body, played by Kelly himself in the Hard Rock Live Show, and an LTD K-550 which I noticed online and never know about it.

I also know there are a bounce of them without the Spider on the body, but still ESP and not LTD, and I know a guy who has an Eclipse version but bolt-on and tremolo, White Spider on Body.

I'm lurking the net for the ESP Eclipse one, White or Red Spider, and I'm really curious about knowing something more of all the rests.

Thank you very much for any answer.

Cheers from Italy.

Road King

The K-550 is an Ltd prototype, 25.5" scale. I used to own it. The ESP version is a one off custom shop baritone. It is owned by a member here.

I've seen the Eclipse with the Floyd. I think the owner just had the spider added.

I've seen one ESP version without the spider, which is for sale on reverb now. There's one red spider with red inlays out there owned by a former forum member. I'm not sure if there are more than one made.

There's also one out there with the silver spider on the body but it has red inlays. It has the newer USA horn and body shape.

WickedMao

Thank you mate, where has your K-550 gone? I'd like to see the ESP Baritone just out of curiosity, hope the owner will reply to this post 

The owner of Eclipse with floyd told me he called ESP and they told him it has been made for Kelly by ESP, but you never know, and I'm not a floyd person so I would not be interested anyway.

Yep, the one without the spider is on Reverb, it's owned by the guitar player of "The 69 eyes" and he's selling it through his guitar tech.

Back in the days I was in touch with Kelly when he left Cold, I tried to buy one of his own but he told me he already sold all the ones he had...

ESP Admin
WickedMao wrote:

Hi, I would like to get some infos about the models history and maybe know something more than what I already know.
I am manly curious about how many of them were made, specially talking about the Eclipse ones with the Red Spider and an Horizon with Kanji Cold logo on the Body, played by Kelly himself in the Hard Rock Live Show, and an LTD K-550 which I noticed online and never know about it.

I also know there are a bounce of them without the Spider on the body, but still ESP and not LTD, and I know a guy who has an Eclipse version but bolt-on and tremolo, White Spider on Body.

I'm lurking the net for the ESP Eclipse one, White or Red Spider, and I'm really curious about knowing something more of all the rests.

Thank you very much for any answer.

Cheers from Italy.

The ESP Kelly Hayes Eclipse with Spider graphic was sold as a regular production model. Although there are no specific production records, we can say that less than 40-50 were produced.

There were a few custom ordered versions of the ESP Kelly Hayes, less than 10.

The LTD K-500 Eclipse without graphic were also a regular production model. There are also no production records however most likely a few hundred were produced around 2001-2003.

The K-550 Horizon was a prototype and never sold. There were custom versions produced only for the artist.

WickedMao
ESP Admin wrote:
The ESP Kelly Hayes Eclipse with Spider graphic was sold as a regular production model. Although there are no specific production records, we can say that less than 40-50 were produced.

There were a few custom ordered versions of the ESP Kelly Hayes, less than 10.

The LTD K-500 Eclipse without graphic were also a regular production model. There are also no production records however most likely a few hundred were produced around 2001-2003.

The K-550 Horizon was a prototype and never sold. There were custom versions produced only for the artist.

Thank you very much Admin, I really appreciate.
Looks like my search would be harder than what I thaught, and I guess I will find many overpricing out there... I actually already found one WAAAAY overpriced in my opinion.

Janne K.

I have one without the spider

Janne K.

And i bought it from the 69 eyes guitarist

patrick l.

I have the LTD K-500 that I just refinished. Looks the same as the ESP that Janne K. bought. Awesome playing guitar.

Janne K.

Can anyone tell me that how much Kelly Hayes sign. Model cost when it came out?

WickedMao

I just created a facebook group to trak the most Kelly Hayes owners around, feel free to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379237189212007/

Post to Thread