LTD Vintage 214 pickup

Updated
Rob S.

I absolutely love my LTD Vintage 214. It's my go to bass for the studio because the tone is so wonderful, but it's just too heavy for gigging. Some sets run over 2 hours and the weight is an issue. Is it possible to buy the P bass pickup that goes in this model? I would like to try it in a lighter model.

ESP Admin
Rob S. wrote:

I absolutely love my LTD Vintage 214. It's my go to bass for the studio because the tone is so wonderful, but it's just too heavy for gigging. Some sets run over 2 hours and the weight is an issue. Is it possible to buy the P bass pickup that goes in this model? I would like to try it in a lighter model.

Hey Rob, 

Unfortunately ESP does not currently sell parts, and these OEM produced electronics are unable to be purchased through aftermarket sources. We are only able to suggest that you procure a comparable replacement through aftermarket resources, such as Seymour Duncan or EMG. If you have any specific questions regarding these ESP pickups please let us know.

Rob S.

Thanks for the reply! I expected as much and have a backup in mind already. So just take it as a compliment that you were my first choice. Love the tone.

I would like to respectfully point out that light weight basses seem to be rapidly on the rise in popularity and this may be something for the company to look into.

Wishing you continued success.

David W.

I'd like to revive this thread, and ask if there are some complete specs available on the 214, including pickup specs (magnet type, windings, resistance, etc.)? 

It would make maintainance and/or replacing parts much simpler.

Thanks in advance.

Post to Thread