Custom Order Snakebyte

Updated
Custom Order Snakebyte

I'd like to modify a satin black Snakebyte by simply getting rid of the snake logo on the 12th fret, and using the old ESP black on gold logo instead of the raised chrome one. Also would like a black carbon nut like appears on my MX's. Will ESP do it?

Road King

That's probably a graphite nut, the kind I prefer. ESP will pretty much do anything (see the custom gallery) since they are very skilled. I think the snakebyte would look cool with just the snake inlay and no dots. I'm wanting to get a guitar done in that new emerald green sunburst finish that ESP USA is using on the Eclipse.

Tondog

Yeah my biggest wonder is if they'll allow me to make a sig guitar the way I want it or if it's a "take it or leave it" type thing?

Travis L.

A super cool idea! Contact them Tondog and make it happen.

ESP Admin
Tondog wrote:

I'd like to modify a satin black Snakebyte by simply getting rid of the snake logo on the 12th fret, and using the old ESP black on gold logo instead of the raised chrome one. Also would like a black carbon nut like appears on my MX's. Will ESP do it?

Some artists are okay with modifying their sigs without limits, but James like other signature artists wants to keep his model the same specs as the one he plays for the immediate future. For this reason the custom shop will not be able to make changes 

ESPEXP

This is what I figured.

Tondog

That is exactly what I was worried about. 

I'm going to light his dumb ass up the next Meet and Greet because of this. He likes to pretend he's just an "aw shucks" lucky guy that got over his demons, but is just as controlling and demanding now as he ever was. Back in the 80's I can see the need to control the brand. Now, I'd say it's quite solid enough.

Road King

Tondog, just pick up a snakebyte and have a luthier replace the nut and inlay. I know someone.

Well, I've seen all kinds of variations of the KH-2. Someone tell James that sharing means caring. 

Tondog

I thought of that but replacing the inlay would leave quite a bit of ebony to backfill which would look pretty gnarly if not done absolutely perfectly. The other part would be removing the logo and replacing plus clear coating which is damn near impossible to match up with the rest of the body if it's not all cured at once. It would be an easy build from scratch, but a real pain in the ass to blend everything after the fact.

ESPEXP

Yea that sounds like a money pit disaster. I wouldn't waste the time.You're better off getting an MX-250 and replacing the whole board with your own inlay.

Big Daddy B

bummer

Big Daddy B
Road King wrote:

Tondog, just pick up a snakebyte and have a luthier replace the nut and inlay. I know someone.

Well, I've seen all kinds of variations of the KH-2. Someone tell James that sharing means caring. 

Yeah I was also going to say the Hammett series has a lot of variations over the years. The KH4 alone I have seen with double dots, middle fingers, f you and ESP logos at the 12th fret. Also not sure what the hell this monstrosity was supposed to be. Like an 80's glam KH-2 with Ouija inlays. WTF. 

I was under the impression that ESP could do mods as long as there wasn't any trademark infringements...ie different colors/inlays/logos might be OK. Sorry I steered you wrong.

Tondog

This would be a great prank to play on Kirk on his birthday or something while they're playing. Just have a road case full of only these to play all night.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Road King

I'd rock that. I remember when DCGL special ordered a pink KH-2 years ago. I think they also had a yellow one.

Post to Thread