Bridge pickup

Updated
jason a.

I've ordered a Esp USA m1 thru. I'm not too keen on SD pickups in general, but it was that or EMG(no thanks). I wanted some thoughts between the Kloppmann hb 60, Tozz xl b, or the Wolfetone Marshallhead. Or anything in general. I like/have the same tone(Boosted JCM800 Marshall type high gain/cutting upper mids, and don't care for  scooped sounds.) I also like my PT 20 to do the work vs. a hot pickup hitting the first gain stage ( so mid  output PAF)  Any opinions? I play mostly in drop C. Cheers

Carcaridon

Bare Knuckle?  Fishman Fluence?  I have a simple SD custom/hybrid on my Horizon and it sounds great.  DiMarzio Deactivtors in my MII.  

jason a.

Thanks for the reply. I bought a Kloppmann HB 60 and a Haeussel Tozz xl. My other two guitars have set necks (mahogany bodies) so this will be my first neck thru. Being that it's maple, I didn't want to go with anything too bright.  Whichever wins out I'll post if that helps anyone. 

Carcaridon

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you order?  I'm 5 months into an MII USA order and 1 1/2 months into an M1 USA order.  Trying to find out what the current delivery times are.

Thanks.

jason a.

I placed the order on 29 December’19. The dealer I purchased through quoted completion in early Aug... I have heard average build/ship times are at least 6 months. Since I’m on the West Coast  went with a Ca. Dealer ands being that the shop is in LA seems long but whatever. So hopefully you’re not waiting too much longer. 

Carcaridon

I went with a dealer on the east coast.  Like you, I'm in S. CA, but there's a drop ship option since they're in Burbank, and I'm in OC, they can just ship to me directly.  Saved on tax and got 15% off.  I'm hoping it works out that way at least.  By your dealer's calculations, I have until June.  Yeesh!  This is tough. 

jason a.

I’m in Washington. I ordered through Pittbull audio. All the other dealers I inquired with were all around the same price. I went with black gloss which is why it may be a longer wait. Seems everyone and their sister has the matte black going on. Anyway we’ll just do the wait thing until then. Did you get anything custom color wise?  

Carcaridon

My MII NTB NT is hellfire. My M1 is blood splatter. 

Post to Thread