I am really thinking about ordering this.

Updated
I am really thinking about ordering this.

Back in like 2006-2007 when ESP offered the ESP Eclipse (cherry) and Viper (purple flame). I had both. Hands down the Viper was insane. Played, felt, sounded so good.

Been watching a lot of ESP USA videos and man they look really good. Not full blown Custom Shop stuff taking years to get, but still high quality.

Anyone order anything from ESP USA so far? How was your experience?

I am old, so I'd probably just go with the EMG 60/81 combo. My amps are dialed in to that sound.

Mesa Sean

ok image posting sucked for me lulz It's the basic version but with all black hardware and I want the EMG 60/81 set. Nothing else wood wise changed.

dubster82

dubster82

From what I've read people with the USA models really like them. I don't think you could go wrong. I quite like the new Ltd that's a similar aesthetic.

Mesa Sean

Yeah after checking out more info and talking with dealers I think I really like the stock Gold one but trying to get a maple neck and gold EMG's.

Mesa Sean

Pulled the Trigger! But went with the Gold trim one with EMG 60/81 and a Maple neck.

Expect an unboxing and review video here: https://www.youtube.com/user/mesaseany

Pushead

Awesome. Congrats, Sean!

Mesa Sean

Thanks!

frantic77

How long is the wait?

Mesa Sean

They said about 6 months. All depends on their build schedule and orders.

Pinian

Congrats! I look forward to seeing pics / vid of that beast.

Road King

Congrats! I've been lusting after something in emerald green or purple for so long. Do all ESP USA guitars have SS frets?

Mesa Sean
Road King wrote:

Congrats! I've been lusting after something in emerald green or purple for so long. Do all ESP USA guitars have SS frets?

Not sure dude. I'd check each model individually. The only SS frets I ever had was on the Black Iron Cross and it was sick. I had to go up a gauge when setting it up.

Pinian

Your Viper come in yet? 

Question - were you able to do any other customizing with the USA shop outside the 'made to order' list of stuff? i.e. inlays, scalloping etc? I'm almost wondering if that has to go to Japan?

Kman

the USA stuff is small batch small shop standard ESP stuff. i.e not custom. Japan CS would pretty much be the guys to do scalloping and whatnot

Post to Thread