My first ESP

Updated
My first ESP

Bought my first ESP over the weekend.

It's an E-II Eclipse in Marine Blue Quilt.  It's hard to see in the pictures but depending on the light it can look really blue or transition to almost black.  

I was looking for a contemporary LP style and this one plays like a dream.  In the store I was able to compare it to multiple other manufacturers guitars in similar and more expensive price range and this one blew them away. I had to step up to a $3k Music Man to find something comparable in terms of quality but I much prefer the aesthetics of the ESPs.  

It's the first time I've owned an ESP and so far I'm very impressed.  The setup and playability is perfect.  It's the first time I've bought a new guitar and didn't need to adjust anything.  Every note rings out clear and true and the sustain is incredible.  The EMGs are more versatile that I would have thought.  They are great for metal but I am getting some decent Jazz, blues and classic rock tones too.  

Really looking forward to playing this one.  Anyone else enjoying the Eclipse or E-IIs?

James O.

Closer view of the Quilt Maple top.  You can see how the intensity of the blue shifts as the light hits it.  It's a hard thing to capture in a photo, but in person the finish, inlays and binding etc is perfect.  Was playing along to Iron Maiden's Powerslave album last night through my Mesa Triple Crown 50, and this guitar sounds monster.

Pushead

Congrats man, it looks great.

tx-ogre

Very nice.  Congrats.

Michael L.

Congrats, love the finish

John L.

Congrats! Great looking finish. 

Michael S.

Love it!

If I didn't grab a used E-II Mystique for a killer deal I would have purchased one of these. Great top on it too! 

Jshannon3

Nice guitar man, you made an excellent choice going with an ESP.  I have 2 E2 M2 urban camos and I absolutely love them, and I used to be an Ibanez prestige guy.  I’m all ESP now.  Rock on brother!!

James O.

Thanks for the great replies guys, much appreciated.  

Jim G.

That’s beautiful...I just bought my first guitar an E-II Eclipse black cherry...

its currently sitting in the box for 24 hours to acclimate 

James O.

The black cherry is an awesome color. We are going to need pictures!

Jim G.

James O.

Looks amazing.  Love the how the binding sets off the cherry maple top.  Happy new guitar day!  How's she play?

Jim G.

My pics don’t do it justice...but I do like your quilt top pattern better.  Plays really nice, I think it needs a little neck adjustment and I may put 9’s on it anyway, so I will have it set up with the different strings and they will adjust for that anyway.

other than that, it’s absolutely stunning, I love it

krj

Today my third guitar (but first 7-String) from ESP arrived...E-II Horizon FR-7 Black.

Also a beautiful guitar.

jimmy s.

ESP, I recently had a chance to get a dead mint w/case all black E-ll Mystique for 999.99 USD, a deal that will never present itself again. Because of the Covid19 outbreak, I was not in a financial position to pull the trigger. Why was this Guitar discontinued ? I am absolutely obsessed with it now. Is there any way to get one of these from your company without paying 5,000.00 USD ? Thank You.

Guram C.

My first ESP was LTD EC1000 - https://www.awkwardsound.com/esp-ltd-ec-series-ec%e2%80%8c-1000-review/

It was an amazing guitar. Now I want ESP not LTD. I like M Series.

Post to Thread