ESP E-II ECLIPSE DB VB VIntage black

Updated
Ben L.

IM seriously considering a Esp e-II DB VB   and id like to clear up a few things :

1.  Is the back   SATIN ???  color said vintage black ... but i remember hating satin finish on my gibson traditional pro II ..  i like glossy finish on the back of the neck ... better to move up and down the neck IMO , somethign not sticky . i dont like satin .

2. Are the gold hardware  EMG 81/60 ???   some ad on reverb  say duncan pickup , other say EMG ... i just wanna be sure that the DB VB has EMG 81/60 gold cover pickup

3.  whats the general weight of an ESP ECLIPSE ??  id like something in the 7.7 to 8.4  ... not above that .   one of my Gibson les paul standard is 8.2 and its a good weight .. the other is 9.5  (the one for sale ).. and its a bit heavy .. i need a light guitar .  

4.  Overall ...  is the E-II Eclipse a great guitar ???? 

5.  what would be the THIN U   neck profile in the GIbson range . i like 60's neck from gibson and not baseball bat chunky neck .  is THIN U  confortable enough for small fingers ? 

thank you 

Pushead

1) Yes, black satin.

2) The model they currently offer is with gold EMGs.  There are older versions with SD 59 and JB pickups.

3) There is a fairly wide range of weights.  I have one as light as 7lbs and one that's near 10lbs (older ESP Eclipses).

4) I haven't played an E-II, but the older ESP Standard guitars are dependable, solid guitars.  I wouldn't have multiples if I didn't think they were worthy.

5)  It's a bit thicker and rounder than the 60's neck, but not as thick as the 50's neck.  I'd say it's a bit thinner than the neck on a current Gibson LP Studio.

RZK

You don't like a sticky neck, so you want a gloss one, and you hate satin.

Right. I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

Pushead

I have to agree, I find satin to be less sticky than a gloss neck.  But if OP doesn't like them, who am I to judge?

Stephen S.

What does the the DB mean in the eclipse vintage black guitar?

Pushead

DB usually means double bound (front and back binding). But sometimes people list things on eBay (extra letters at the end) without knowing exactly what they're saying.

Post to Thread