purchasing soon

Updated
purchasing soon

I'm looking to purchase an ESP E-II Horizon III fr stblk....possibly this weekend or next.

Anyone out there played one? Would love to hear your opinion. Of course I'll have to order one without trying it first....no one has one in stock around here.

In fact I've never seen a new or nice used ESP or ESP E-II here in the Seattle Washington area.

JERRY CAM

Just bought one and love it !  -

jsnypurr

Took me awhile but I finally purchased one February 20th 2016....found a used one in excellent condition at the Seattle Guitar Center....as soon as I tried it I knew I was going to buy it....surprised it doesn't have locking tuners....but not a deal breaker. So far I love it. It sucks that it took so long to find one locally to try.

Andrew j.

I just got mine this week.

its probably the nicest guitar I've ever had my hands on. Made incredibly well, not one imperfection.

unbelievable guitar

jsnypurr

One thing I've noticed with mine is that it is bright sounding compared to my other guitars....I've only owned it for 6 days....thinking about installing a trem setter but not yet.

Andrew....does yours have locking tuners?

Andrew j.

Hey brother. Yes, mine has the gotoh tuners. Not the "hand tightening", reverse-side ones but the use of a coin or non abrasive tool on the top of the tuner. It IS brighter!

I have a triple rectifier that I use primarily. I plugged my custom gibson silverburst in and immediately used the esp back-to-back.....I had to turn down the treble significantly vs. The gibson. BUT that's not a bad thing. The metal riffs are very pronounced on the esp with its brighter tone...and let's be honest here...the coil tap on the "middle" position is pure clean goodness.

jsnypurr

Andrew....I have a Mesa as well....Tremoverb head....+ two 4x12 rectifier cabs....also a Randall Diavlo RD100h. Great guitar for metal....I agree....also compared to my Gibson Les Paul Standard, ESP LTD MH-1000, Schecter C-1 Hellhaiser, Carvin CT6 and Ultra V mine is brighter too....should really cut through the mix! Heck I think this guitar is even brighter than my Stratocasters.

Post to Thread