ESP Hybrid II Pickguard

Updated
ESP Hybrid II Pickguard

Anyone have any experience with the early 90's Hybrid II's? I'm mostly looking for a pickguard without the neck pickup hole. I knew some were made without neck pickups but if someone had  a Hybrid II and could trace the pickguard I'd make my own.

jt76

Sorry dont have my hybrid any more. Otherwise i would do that. Whats your avatar. Looks like an artist headstock.  

ibzespguy

I had another Hybrid II but sold it before getting this one. This was someone's project guitar and I don't believe the neck was shimed correctly. A tele pickup always hits the strings unless you raise the action really high. Thing is it does play good as is and having a neck pickup isn't worth the trouble of re-shimming the neck. I've seen some ltd pickguards but my understanding is they're a little different than the original 90's ESP pg's.

It is an artist. 1980 AR50. No longer own it but the pic was handy. Still have 2 other artist models.

jt76

On the hybrid their is not a lot to work with adjustment wise because of the way the neck is cut out for the pickup.  I never could get mine how I wanted it.  Sold it.  Kinda wished I had not.  i liked how it sounded.  To late now.   maybe buy another one someday.  I have a 1976 ibanez 2617 similar headstock but with script logo.

Post to Thread