Custom Misfits EC-10

Updated
Custom Misfits EC-10

I'm having a local artist custom carve my EC-10. In this picture the templates have been applied and the carving starts soon. This guitar was an impulse buy because it was only $129, upgraded the hardware and now the art. It was worth the risk

Pushead

Sounds like fun. I'd be somewhat careful about carving by the bridge stud and the screw hole for the pickup ring. But it could be a cool art piece when finished.

mat p.

It should just be etched. This artist works with a lot of guitars and hopefully knows better. Thanks for the heads up.

tx-ogre

Looks like a cool idea.  Will be interested to see the finished product.

mat p.

Me too!!  She just started it yesterday. Next she will do The back cover art from Die Die My Darling on a Dean Thoroughbred.

Pushead

Oh yeah, etched should be fine. I thought you were talking something along these lines.

mat p.

She does this sort of thing too. That  looks awesome! The company is Siren Guitars out of Kyle TX

mat p.

tx-ogre

I live in the Austin, TX area and just saw this go up on Craigslist from Siren Guitars (https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/kyle-custom-misfits-esp-ltd-ec-10/7251234491.html).  I live in a city right next door to Kyle, but had never heard of them.  I will have to keep them in mind in the event I want a custom project like completed.

mat p.

They and I are in Kyle too. I just picked it up today, I posted a pic below

mat p.

Aidan R.

Hey dude I found this guitar in a pawnshop in San Marcos, TX. I was wondering what happened with it? I also saw you added some green dimarzios

mat p.

Finished Guitar

tx-ogre

Looks sweet.  Congrats.  I live just west of Buda in unincorporated Hays County.

mat p.

I'm in Plum Creek. Jen Netherton (Siren Guitars) lives on the east side. She has donated guitars in the business community for many years, she does great work and doesn't charge nearly enough.

tx-ogre

You’re just down the road.  My orthopedic surgeon and physiatrist are at Texas Orthopedics there in Plum Creek.  Between chronic back, knee and shoulder problems and multiple surgeries, I spend a lot of “quality time” with both of them and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  They appreciate my financial contributions to their kids’ college funds...LOL

I will definitely keep Siren Guitars in mind for any future custom projects.  I always make an effort to support local businesses whenever I can.

mat p.

I own Blue Computer Solutions, we build custom PCs, etc. Siren is one of my customer.

Jack J.

Wow, its very beautiful!!!

Post to Thread