2020 New Product Prototypes

Updated
2020 New Product Prototypes

Here's our annual thread to discuss the new guitar and bass prototype pics we'll be starting to send out to ESP All Access members today!

HAY YAH

So glad I got this few years ago 

offer this in different colour options and you would have me buying 

Hubert C.

Sandblasted red instead of purple, would be awsome. But that pegasus/sentient pickups are crap. PLEASE NO MORE CRAPPY PICKUPS WITH CATCHY NAMES.

Johannes  M.

I was just wondering that would it be a good idea to move volume knob just a little bit more away from the bridge on ht black metal m? I tend to accidentally adjust the volume with my picking hand while playing and that happens especially on live situations. You know when you're more like flying around the stage and hammering your guitar than playing. I don't feel it necessary to be able to do slight adjustments to volume when playing high gain metal music. And the whole black metal series is built for metal. So the whole knob could be located for example on the spot where the tone knob usually sits.

Anyone agree to this?

And it would be cool if the new ht m black metal would have extra thin u neck, just saying

Michael D.

I agree to this too. I want the black metal 7 string but would have to change the knob location.. (aka more money). I owned one strat and sold it because I always turned down my volume while playing.

metalhobo

the fact is that when you're moving around on stage in the dark, the control knobs are going to get knocked out of position regardless of where they are located on the body. the only real "solution" is to be adept at checking the knob position periodically. personally, I prefer the volume knob close to where my picking hands resides while playing, so that I can easily manipulate it.

if you find the knobs move too easily, you can try a little piece of foam or felt in between the bottom of the knob and the guitar body to increase rotational friction

Michael D.

This is a fair point but... I've tried to change the way I pick plenty of times but end up strumming hard. I'm a very intense player. The close knob also means knuckle busting for me too haha.

Michael T.

The bridge on the new F-1005 bass is one of those where the saddles get crooked because of incorrect manufacturing. Hard pass.

Jerry E.

Couple things I'd like to see:

An E-II FRX is something other than that blue, and maybe built more like the Edwards with the multi piece neck, ash body, humbucker at the bridge and single coil at the neck, I love my Edwards, and it would be cool to see an E-II like it.

Aaaand I'd love to see an LTD FRX 1000 Black Metal, I'd put off getting my next E-II for that. or hell an E-II FRC Black Metal

SunnyD

Hell yes, an E-II FRX with a multi piece neck and an HS pickup config would be so awesome, as long as they actually show off the multi-piece neck with a transparent color instead of hiding it all with a solid black paint job where you can't see that it's multi piece. The only thing that stops me from buying any of the new F, FRX, or Forest shape products is that they all use the ugly new F-style headstock. At least the Edwards Forest bass and guitars still use the old F-style headstock. 

VS                           

NEW                                                                                                                                      OLD 

Rob m.

Please, please, please do a hardtail HS guitar with passive pickups. 
I love the look of some of the models but not all of us play metal but like the playability of your guitars. 
a modern double cut with a hardtail and a HS pickup set up Would be killer. No other maker out there offers one. 

Stephen Baek

I hope ESP re-release V series again.

6-string w/Tune-O-Matic or Floydrose

7-String Baritone w/Tune-O-Matic or Floydrose

I have 3 LTD V Baritones but hope get it more  specially Floydrose models!!

Nathan M.

The F-1005 looks like it could be my next bass. I've been playing an M-55 for about 8 years or so (mostly play guitar, bass is just for fun). Hoping it's alder body and maple neck! Not sure how Fishman bass pickups are, but their guitar pickups are decent, so I would assume they are solid. 

Michael D.

I have to say the PS-1000 series is really starting to intrigue me. Especially with the release of a vintage black version.

SunnyD

This probably doesn't interest any of you and it's way too late but I'd love to see E-II versions of the ESP [001] Aiji Signature Model and ESP Amaze CTM in Indigo Purple and Faded Blue. I tried both of them in Japan and they're soooo nice to play. The Aiji Model has a weird combo of a soft V neck shape and small size frets, not at all the usual ESP Thin U and Extra Jumbo frets combo but god damn was it a dream to play on. Next, the ESP Amaze has got to be one of the best playing basses ever. The E-II line used to have an orange and black Amaze but it didn't have a clear pickguard, pickup fence, or the ESP Cinnamon 3 band EQ or the beautiful indigo purple color. I'd really love to see affordable models of these.

Deviant  Person

Dear Esp Guitars 

This is a request I had for a while now since I started to love this brand in late 2017 and currently playing one LTD sn-1000 I customize. May it be possible to add the stream GT or mystique to the LTD lineup, I really want to experience these body style at a price I can afford also an e-ii sn with a hardtail

Vinnie

When do these new 2020 models hit stores/retailers?

SunnyD

Love this new model, it's gonna be so crazy with stainless steel frets and a scalloped fretboard. The only thing I would recommend is to swap the HH configuration here on the hardtail model to HSS and putting HH on the Floyd model or just make pickguards with different pickup configurations. Also, instead of just scalloping from frets 17-22, I would recommend 12-22 as that would be alot more useful for soloing and leads. 

Explorer92

Really dig this purple blasted Snapper! Perfect specs for me, except for the knobs, but that is an easy fix!

In what pricerange will these ones land? 

Jeff K.

We've just posted Phase II of our "New for 2020" Previews. Check it out!

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/2020-product-preview-2

Post to Thread