2020 New Product Prototypes

Updated
2020 New Product Prototypes

Here's our annual thread to discuss the new guitar and bass prototype pics we'll be starting to send out to ESP All Access members today!

iFardani

Couple more phases to come. I hope the good old teardrop headstock of LTD H series will make an appearance...

Also please expand the LTD SN series, make one with non-locking tremolos, or continue the SN series with Wilkinson Bridge. I just want a snapper based series that feels more like what its Japanese counter-part (Non-locking trem, modern Super ST-style guitar).

HAY YAH

M1 with Kahler please 

metalhobo

if esp (or even ltd) starts offering kahlers on non-signature instruments I will fucking cream my pants.

Gfunk
metalhobo wrote:

if esp (or even ltd) starts offering kahlers on non-signature instruments I will fucking cream my pants.

I have had three Kahlered fiddles and none of them stayed in tune.

I fiddled with them and I had one of the best techs on the east coast try to dial two in, but they did not stick.  Could barely get through a tune without them going out, diving or not.  Wacky.......

metalhobo
Gfunk wrote:

I have had three Kahlered fiddles and none of them stayed in tune.

I fiddled with them and I had one of the best techs on the east coast try to dial two in, but they did not stick.  Could barely get through a tune without them going out, diving or not.  Wacky.......

i dunno, my 80's 2300 stays in tune as well as a floyd when doing both dive bombs and pull ups. it's not as stable over long periods of time as a floyd but it stays in perfect tune throughout a set or a practice. when I got it I replaced the springs with new ones and made sure all the moving parts were properly lubricated. also I use SIT strings on this bridge, and cut my own tusq nut (it's got a behind-the-nut lock, blegh). lastly, I use the "kahler string bend" trick where you put a little "J" shape right above the ball-end so it conforms to the cam.

Gfunk

Two of the ones I had were both Hannys, one older and one newer.  I wanted to keep the older one, because it sounded awesome but I just could not keep it in tune.  Replaced the nut, pro setup, I assume he lubed everything.  Did not know about the jedi bend trick.  I would probably still have it today if I knew about the jedi bend trick.  Thanks a lot homo...........

Winter M.

Hi, 

When will these guitars be available in shops like thomann.de?

I was about to buy a new axe on black friday, but now, I'm interested in the EC-1000 blue natural fade. Don't know if I will be able to wait. 

AJ-Dub-775

PLEASE! EX-Black Metal with hardtail bridge, or a deluxe version of the EX! Been waiting fooorrreeevvveeerrr!

Antoon

I really like some of the models but will hold out to see what the LTD-Signature guitars will spawn for next year.

Actually hoping for a RZK-600 return, but the chances of that are slim at best i guess.

Jeff K.

Just a note to everyone following along on the "New for 2020" updates. First, we are going to continue sending our previews each Friday (one will be sent later today). Second, we're currently planning on revealing Phase II of the new models on December 13. In any case, thanks for all of your feedback and for being contributing members of the ESP community! - J

Carlos  C.

Please! EC-1000 BLUE FADE with active pickups, maybe Fishman or EMG, but with active pickups. 

John F.

I’d love to see an LTD MH 1000 based on Bruce Kulick’s cherry burst Horizon he player in his later years with KISS; either as a H-x-H or an H-x-S, but definitely with a Floyd Rose system, and a 6 inline headstock. 

The Angus Young inspired Vipers (the old black cherry 256 and dark black cherry 1000) would be a nice comeback.  Or quilt top Viper with a Floyd Rose.  

Nathan M.

Ooooh is that scalloped frets I see? That purple blast looks killer. I only play floyd guitars these days, but DAMN!

Any chance any of the 1000/deluxe series are going to finally get stainless steel frets?

Lee B.

Love esp guitars,Not a massive fan of the purple, PRS recently done it.  Would LOVE  to see some EC 1000 in full thickness aged(relic'd)  traditional colours 

Thrasher

Can you please bring back the George Lynch LTD GL-256?

ESP LTD GL-256

Larry M.

LTD Deluxe SN-1000HT in Purple Blast finish I am not a fan of this finish at all. Looks cheap and probably feels cheap. Fender has a similar "sandblasted" version in black, and it looks and feels cheap.

Jeff P.

Enough purple already

Blew1

So...is this phase one!?

SunnyD

I really like the newest LTD SN model previewed this week. It's really cool that it will have a scalloped fretboard, Hipshot bridge, and the SD Pegasus/sentient pickups. I only wish that this guitar, as it only has 22 frets, would also come with an HSS pickup configuration with a non-locking tremolo option/model. Or at least make it easier for us to purchase pickguards with different pickup configurations for the Snapper series. I'd rather not have to pay like $100 for a custom pickguard. 

Deviant  Person

To be honest with you all , the new sandblasted SN looks awesome in my opinion and I'm hoping it's not the only colored that will be available next year(mostly because I want another SN in my arsenal). there's one body I wanted to try, ESP guitars please listen to my request, please bring the guitar version of the stream to the LTD lineup or the mystique.

Post to Thread