ESP Site Updated - New for 2018

Updated
ESP Site Updated - New for 2018

Hey people... ICYMI, we've done something we never did before and got the site updated right here at the start of the new year with specs and info on all the new models we've just announced, and grouped them in a handy category so you can browse through all the new stuff at once. Here ya go...

https://www.espguitars.com/products?categories=new-for-2018

- J

alien.imprint

Jeff K what are the chances that more models will be added to the USA Configurator this year?

Jeff K.

That's a great question, Alien. We tend to do product updates in groups that make sense, which is why all of the current new models are all in the LTD Series. We have some updates to the ESP E-II Series coming next (probably within the next few weeks), and likely will add some more new LTD basses in the near future as well.

Let me ask you: what body shapes beyond the ones we currently offer would you be most interested in seeing in the ESP USA Configurator?

Stonecat
Jeff K. wrote:

That's a great question, Alien. We tend to do product updates in groups that make sense, which is why all of the current new models are all in the LTD Series. We have some updates to the ESP E-II Series coming next (probably within the next few weeks), and likely will add some more new LTD basses in the near future as well.

Let me ask you: what body shapes beyond the ones we currently offer would you be most interested in seeing in the ESP USA Configurator?

I would like to see the Maverick reissued. The offset body, bolt on neck, short scale, pick up configuration, no tone knob, & reverse headstock all make it a badass shredder.

alien.imprint

the Horizon NT-II with Reverse Headstock would be sweet and/or one with a Hardtail like the one on the Original Series Horizon-II NT's, but the Horizon body shape in general for sure, the photos are Custom Standards I had done a few years ago, and even though the USA Configurator models are priced slightly higher they are still priced nicely, and would really like to have a Oasis Green Solid Color NT-II and Flame Top See-Thru Black NT-II done like the Green one that I never got to do since the Custom Standard thing came to an end, either way the Horizon Shape would be nice, Heck even a Reverse Headstock on the M-III 2 PT and/or M-II Hardtail models that are already on the Configurator, I can go on and on, but this is already a bunch so I will stop here

Jeff K.

Thanks!

EspViper

What if any new ones are lefty?

Jeff K.

We have not yet announced the new models that will be available as lefty, and that is still being determined. We hope to have this information available sometime between now and the NAMM Show later this month.

Cogan C.

I like how it now lists string gauges used with the different models. Kudos for removing the model inlay and shifting it onto the rod plate and the new models look great, a sure improvement with the pickups mounted direct-to-body. Were they featured during Winter Namm or will they be showcased for the summer?

Jeff K.

Thanks Cogan. Winter NAMM hasn't happened yet (it starts January 25), so all the new models make their official debut there. We just decided to give you people the first look this year.  

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

I love the new model's. It is cool to see more and less expensive 7 and 8 strings. Like the EC-257 and 258. Awesome quality but a bit more for us that want to try but don' know if it is for us. And I love the new BLACK METAL series. Simple and brutal. Awesome work as always.

Jeff K.

Thanks Kjetil!

Martijn R.

A quick question for Jeff.

As the new LTD models have had their model indication changed from inlay to rod plate ( I like very much), will this also be the case for existing LTD models? E.g. EC-256?

Jeff K.

Martijn, you're the first person to ask that, and the answer is yes. It's a running change that will soon be reflected on all LTD models.

Post to Thread