Warning about Japanese Sellers on US or EU Ebay

Updated
EXPcustom

Hey I'm just letting all you guys know since one of my guitars had showed up on American Ebay that I had bought from a Japanese dealer sometimes day or weeks later. Someone sold for way too little money for a way expensive guitar that was actually mine days After the deal ended. 

As some of you know I do a lot of business in Japan and get a lot of my choice stuff directly from there. So if you see something on US or EU Ebay listed by a Japanese seller please contact me first and I can point you in the right direction to save you a couple hundred or thousand dollars to the dealer that actually has the guitar. These sellers violate Ebay policy and should be shut down.

There are very few legit Japanese guitar dealers that actually OWN the guitar they are selling. Meestursparkle is one of those legit/good guys, I remember Katana guitars was one but I am not sure if he is around or not and the AlienX guitars guy, he is expensive as well but these guys actually own their stuff. I personally have not done business with Meestursparkle but have friends that have and he actually owns the stuff he sells so no worries with him.

Myself I am in the USA and own everything I sell.

EXPcustom

For Example. Here is a bad ass Wal Mach II mkII Geddy Bass in fact, its similar to Justin Chancellor from Tool's bass. I would love to own this but here is some A-hole in Japan just using the dealers pics and listing it for over a 1000 USD then what the dealer wants for it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332455011885?ul_noapp=true

Here is the actual dealer that owns and has the guitar for it's real price:

https://www.guitarplanet.co.jp/sp/sea/view_detailt.cgi?tv=1&pid=10039868

You see what I mean?

Felipe G.

Hi! thanks for the advise. What do you think about this guitar? "Gibson CS Mid 60's EDS-1275 Double Neck / Heritage Cherry VOS" (i can't post links)

its been sell by different japanse sellers

Pushead

Yeah, these guys who are listing instruments directly from stores. They'll "sell" it in an auction and then try to buy it from the store to ship to you.

Big Daddy B

Meestursparkle is legit. I have worked with him a couple of times. But yeah many others are just listing guitars for sale at Big City or Digimart and tacking on 25%.

Tondog

I'll certainly vouch for Meestursparkle as well but I think he recently left the business of brokering guitars in Japan. He got me some MX hard cases from Japan a year or so ago but when I went to his website recently, it kind of eluded to the fact that he had moved on from that and was quite relieved about it. Super nice guy to work with though if he's still going to be in the biz! 

Rakk M.

Few weeks back, theres an esp mm-270 on ebay less than 2k dollars.  By Japanese seller. He claim he had the guitar so i paid for it.. 3 days later sent me an email saying guitar is broken and he did refund me the money back..Quick check later the guitar sold on yahoo auction.the idiot thought he could win the auction..  Also on yahoo shopping, rakuten Japan for way less money by the original seller... I should have just buy direct..it was really good deal.. Im cool if you want to act as middle man, but at least straight up.

Now that same esp mm-270 is on ebay for triple the price. 

EXPcustom
Rakk M. wrote:

Few weeks back, theres an esp mm-270 on ebay less than 2k dollars.  By Japanese seller. He claim he had the guitar so i paid for it.. 3 days later sent me an email saying guitar is broken and he did refund me the money back..Quick check later the guitar sold on yahoo auction.the idiot thought he could win the auction..  Also on yahoo shopping, rakuten Japan for way less money by the original seller... I should have just buy direct..it was really good deal.. Im cool if you want to act as middle man, but at least straight up.

Now that same esp mm-270 is on ebay for triple the price. 

Sorry that happened to you. I get in touch with a lot of these "real"dealers while their guitars are on other sites and I "backdoor" them, I got a guy in Tokyo, or get them way before these "middle men" guys put a listing on US Ebay. That's the reason I started this thread because I have already seen two of guitars I already bought in Japan end up on Ebay by third party middle men. Imagine listing Guitar Center used section guitars for a mark up, that would not be cool and It actually violates Ebay's policies. These guys should be reported. Now if you bought a guitar used from Guitar Center with your own money, set it up, cleaned it up and resold it for more, more power to you.

These guys in Japan are doing multiple listings of the same guitar and causing lots of problems with the resale value of some of these guitars because people look at completed auctions and think a Zorlac sold for 2k or a MX250 sold for 3k but they didn't really because those deals never happened.

You probably seen my guitars on Ebay but I do ask alot but they are fully setup and gone through so there is no risk of bad description and I even offer refunds on my guitar, plus I am in the USA and in possesion of everything I sell.

Jewels M.
EXPcustom wrote:

For Example. Here is a bad ass Wal Mach II mkII Geddy Bass in fact, its similar to Justin Chancellor from Tool's bass. I would love to own this but here is some A-hole in Japan just using the dealers pics and listing it for over a 1000 USD then what the dealer wants for it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332455011885?ul_noapp=true

Here is the actual dealer that owns and has the guitar for it's real price:

https://www.guitarplanet.co.jp/sp/sea/view_detailt.cgi?tv=1&pid=10039868

You see what I mean?

Wow, that is crazy to see such a high mark up. I guess they must get a lot of people with this or it wouldn't be so prevalent. 

emg3254

I've seen this so much in the last several years.  Ebay Japan sellers that do not own the guitars they are selling.  They hope to sell them on Ebay to someone then buy from a Japan dealer they think has the guitar and make profits.  

I know most of the legit Japan sellers but will definitely hit you up if I am in doubt.

Eric G.
EXPcustom wrote:

Hey I'm just letting all you guys know since one of my guitars had showed up on American Ebay that I had bought from a Japanese dealer sometimes day or weeks later. Someone sold for way too little money for a way expensive guitar that was actually mine days After the deal ended. 

As some of you know I do a lot of business in Japan and get a lot of my choice stuff directly from there. So if you see something on US or EU Ebay listed by a Japanese seller please contact me first and I can point you in the right direction to save you a couple hundred or thousand dollars to the dealer that actually has the guitar. These sellers violate Ebay policy and should be shut down.

There are very few legit Japanese guitar dealers that actually OWN the guitar they are selling. Meestursparkle is one of those legit/good guys, I remember Katana guitars was one but I am not sure if he is around or not and the AlienX guitars guy, he is expensive as well but these guys actually own their stuff. I personally have not done business with Meestursparkle but have friends that have and he actually owns the stuff he sells so no worries with him.

I bought 3 ibanez guitars in a week and each seller told me they sold it in their stores. It's hard to believe they all don't know what's in their inventory.

Anyway, I was looking for a roadster green ibanez rg340z. Any good contacts for such a model? It was only sold in Japan I think. Thanks

Horst S.

Hi i have no idea of this stuff.

I serch a Doris Yeh Signature bass, but i dont know are the ebay seller are serious and are its fake.

can you link me some real and save seller for this? (cant link some because im new here)

Tim K.

Hey guys, is eastislandcrew a legitimate dealer? I just found a great esp guitar on ebay. It's also a seller from Japan.

Udo G.
EXPcustom wrote:

Hello,

I'm from germany and I found a guitar on Ebay, japanese seller, but now I f found second ebay auction which is exactly the same guitar, with the same pictures and the same serial number, from another japanese seller, and both claim they have the guitar and it would be in their shop. One is easticelandcrew and the other seller is SPP International. It would be great ,if you could help me. I wrote both of them, to send me a picture of the headstock with serial number and a piece of paper with today's date on it. So far, neither of the two has come forward.

Maybe you are able to help me.

Thanxs Udo

Udo G.

Hello,

I found a guitar on Ebay, japanese seller, but now if found a ebay auction which is exactly the same, with the same pictures from another japanese seller, and both claim they have the guitar and it would be in their shop. One is easticelandcrew and the other seller is SPP International. It would be great ,if you could help me. I wrote both of them, to send me a picture of the headstock with serial number and a piece of paper with today's date on it. So far, neither of the two has come forward.

maybe you are able to help me.

Thanxs Udo

Pushead

Check Yahoo auctions, first. It's likely the guitar is listed there (for quite a bit less money.)

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

In the US, there are companies and websites that will make it easier to read, navigate the page and buy items from the Japanese Yahoo auction site. There may be something similar in German.

Udo G.

Thanks for your tips. After a long search I found the dealer who sold the guitar in Japan and got it much cheaper than the brokers had offered it on Ebay.

All the bestt Udo

Post to Thread