2018 Prototype Previews

Updated
2018 Prototype Previews

Hey ESP peoples. We've started sending out pictures of our prototype samples for 2018 model guitars and basses. ESP members should already have received the first preview pic in their email this morning. If you have any questions about these pictures, feel free to discuss them here.

Kevin E.

That Viper prototype in Satin Sage Green is another favorite. Let's hope it makes it to production like this.

Jeff K.

For those who didn't see Prototype #3, here's the EC-1007 EverTune. 

vicki c.

Ohhh nice) I like it 

Pushead

The gloss black always looks classy. I've never tried an Evertune bridge before. I wasn't sure they'd be something that would catch on, but they seem to be increasing in popularity.

Jeff K.

Guitar players are always hesitant to try out new technologies. We're the same way. But yes, it's taken a few years, but EverTune is definitely becoming more of a known commodity as more people have the opportunity to try them out.

load more replies (5 of 5)
Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Everything I have see, read and seen about the evertune system, really make me want a guitar with it. It just takes the hassle away with tuning everytime I want to play. Looks awesome in the EC -1007. Have to save up for one like that

Scott Abene

I would love to see ESP / LTD start doing something like this so that I no longer would have to take a router to my guitars...

Stock TE-202

Customized TE-202

It would also be fantastic to see this model with the following:

1. Tummy route on the back

2. Forearm rest on the front

3. Strat style controls and layout.

I also changed out the pickups with Planet Tone pickups.

You can hear this guitar here:

TSK - Big Bad Burrito

Thanks

-Scott

Pushead

The green sparkle Steph sig is awesome. If the sparkle is anything like the silver sparkle that's on my Eclipse from a few years ago, the photos do not do it justice. It's quite striking in person.

Road King

I might have to get that sparkle green SRC tele. I was playing sparkles before they were cool.

Antoon

I was honestly blown away by the new Steph model, but now this #6 EC with Evertune. I'm throwing money at the screen already.

Jeff K.

Might as well keep this thread up to date.

Preview #4: LTD Viper-401 in Sage Green Satin.

Jeff K.

Preview #5: Stephen Carpenter SCT-607B in Green Sparkle.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Is fishman pickups becoming the new norm on high end LTD and ESP? Or will it be a mix of Seymour, EMG and fishing? Love the headstock and the color on #5 btw, but I'm not to sure if the body is my style. 

StaticMajik

I saw the email and I need this!

Road King

I wonder if the body is routed for a neck pickup under there. Any idea when these will be available? March?

Jeff K.

RK, all indications are that most of the new stuff is going to be in faster than previous years. We'll be doing a full 2018 preview article in mid-December, and things regarding availability will be pretty clear by then.

deftoneskidd

Doubtful of the neck route. My SCT does not have it.

Nuno Doellinger

I just saw the LTC EC-1000 EverTune prototype, and it is perfect. very beautiful color and the Seymour Duncan pickups are always good value. Hope to see this in the stores during next year, since i am looking for a EC type of guitar to buy. I have and ESP Horizon with seymour Duncan, and this could be a way to go and after replace the ESP pickups with EMG 75/66.   Also, i'd like to test the EverTune system.

Good job ESP, as always. Keep the excelent work and dedication to customers comments and needs.

Post to Thread