2018 Prototype Previews

Updated
2018 Prototype Previews

Hey ESP peoples. We've started sending out pictures of our prototype samples for 2018 model guitars and basses. ESP members should already have received the first preview pic in their email this morning. If you have any questions about these pictures, feel free to discuss them here.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

I just got the mail about the new EC and I have to say that it is just beautiful. Used to love just black and camo guitars, but I have been digging the color ones. And the new you have made in green was just beautiful.

Jeff K.

Thanks Kjetil.

Geoff  S.

The EC line is beautiful and everything, but it feels like it gotten to big and has taken away from possible expansions on the other guitar lines from esp.

Jeff K.

Geoffery, we are also going to be removing a number of models to make room for the new stuff, as we generally do each year. Thanks for the comment.

Ron A.

I like that green color. I’ve been trying to get my hands on older model with a similar color for a while.  I noticed that the model number is not displayed on the twelfth fret.  Is ESP and LTD moving towards not labeling the guitars on the twelfth fret?

Jeff K.

That is correct, Ron. We've finally made this change based on about 75,000,000 people telling us they didn't like the name on the 12th fret.  

Ron A.

That’s awesome.  Will there be a way to identify the model on the back of the headstock with a name or serial number?  The reason I ask is because the new EC-256 looks very similar to the 401 models except for the pickups.  

Either way way I see more guitars in my future.

Kevin E.

Loving the green prototype LTD EC-1000. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect the way it is. Please leave it loaded with the Seymour Duncan pickups, as it's a nice change of pace from all the EMG equipped guitars.

Bryan K.

Any chance of the new 2018 EC-1000 coming in a flamed purple (the green is jaw dropping) ...? 

tx-ogre

I'm generally not a big fan of green guitars, but that EC-1000 could change my mind.  Very nice.

Ivan Paic

I would like to see this green color on lefty models, do you have any plan to make it in green?

SunnyD

Looks great, but it would all be for naught if it has a glossy neck. Satin neck please. ESP is supposed to be all about playability. 

Ammar

Cool..keep up the good work

ESP 348

Got the email, that guitar looks awesome in green.

Forrest  C.

So since I know I'm not the only one who will say these types of things and this is the place to discuss them, I would love to see an "F" series bass in a 6 string for 2018. Please? Pretty please?  I would order in a heartbeat.

Jeremy A.

I'm a big fan of the EC-1000 series and welcome any new finish options. The old EC with the green quilt top is a great looking finish too. I do miss the abalone inlays and binding which set the 1000 series apart visually from the lower end models. I have four EC-1000s and one EC-400AT, and I personally prefer the EMG pickups in them over the Duncans. I have quite a few guitars loaded with the JB/59 combo and I don't like the tone of any of them. I play a lot of legato and that pickup combo just doesn't carry enough gain for me to get the job done. My two cents on the pickup debate would be to offer both the EMG and Duncan pickups in each finish. I recently purchased an EC-1000ET in See-Thru Black based on the finish over the electronics, and it is the worst sounding guitar I own. I knew when I ordered it that the pickups may be an issue, but I did not want the standard black finish (which is loaded with EMGs). I don't think anyone gets excited about dropping $1,100 on a guitar and then another $200 plus for a pickup upgrade, not to mention the work of routing or paying someone to do it, and don't forget about the need to also purchase a quality hardshell for the $1,100 guitar to live in. I did not mind the model number being on the twelfth fret. I found it an easy way to identify some of the EC models, especially since the 1000 series doesn't necessarily have the abalone anymore. These are just my opinions based on my playing and experience.

Road King

Pics?

Jeff K.

Pics are being sent every Friday to all community members.

Nate W.

I would buy 5 of these things if they just had an ebony board.

Post to Thread