GuitarTricks Review 2017

Updated
GuitarTricks Review 2017

Are there any beginners/intermediates who still take in-person lessons around here? I've been an avid online lesson guy, and have reviewed some of the top rated websites like Justin Guitar, GuitarTricks, and so on.  For me it works because of my schedule and location (not a big city). So I still have a paid membership to some of these and find them useful. I cancel and rejoin randomly.

But I noticed that a big website called "Take Lessons" has a cool service where it connects you to local guitar teachers. You plug your location and they provide a list of guitar instructors who are close to you. You see their profiles and so on. It's more expensive, but I'm thinking the real 1 on 1 can help me. The official site is here: https://takelessons.com/

Anyone have any personal experience comparing online learning vs. in person. Looking to give it a shot. Cheers.

Pushead

I trust this guy based solely on his fancy beard and haircut.

Cogan C.

We've seen him before.

Tyler S.

Haha, I actually might do a Just For Men review when I get a bit older on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ElectricShaverGuide

Tyler S.

I'm guessing you guys are all self-taught...

Where did you learn how to play?

Pushead

Are you saying that that fancy man in the avatar isn't Tyler? Well now I don't know what to believe.

A month of two of one-on-one lessons might do well if you're starting from scratch. There's no reason to pay for lessons with all of the resources for free tab and free YouTube lessons. When I was a kid, all there was was the tab in magazines. I ended up learning how to figure out songs by ear.

But really, you have to put the time in to practice. It's not something that's just going to happen that viola, you can play guitar.

Pushead

Realistically, it's never been easier to get a hold of a quality, low cost guitar and learn to play.

metalhobo

I put one thousand monkeys in a room with one thousand type writers and waited until they composed the works of kurt helmet. then I had them teach me.

Pushead

Questions:

1) What's a type writer?

B) What does that room smell like?

4) Is Kurt Helmet the guy from Metallica?

4) Where did you find the monkeys?

Cogan C.

I'll field this one-

1: A 'type writer' is the guy who gets to put all those letters on restaurant signs.

B: That 'room' smells like Ernest Hemingway after writing 'The Old Man and the Sea' while sloshed on gin and chewing a burrito chaser.

4: Kurt Helmut (instead of Helmet) is a truly gnarly poet. One of his more famous is entitled 'Convivencia Falcon: She Glue and Spit.' See here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SmfWU7q5Q0

4 (part duex): They found him, while listening to the collected works of Helmut holding an empty bottle of glue.

Of course, he could have been actually talking about a Kurt Helmet, in which case he's referring to a motorcycle helmet. Either way, I'm sold!

Then again, I may be wrong on all accounts but you have to admit, they were good guesses.

Pushead

I miss Tyler S. and his beard.

GuitarGuy777
Tyler S. wrote:

Are there any beginners/intermediates who still take in-person lessons around here? I've been an avid online lesson guy, and have reviewed some of the top rated websites like Justin Guitar, GuitarTricks, and so on.  For me it works because of my schedule and location (not a big city). So I still have a paid membership to some of these and find them useful. I cancel and rejoin randomly.

But I noticed that a big website called "Take Lessons" has a cool service where it connects you to local guitar teachers. You plug your location and they provide a list of guitar instructors who are close to you. You see their profiles and so on. It's more expensive, but I'm thinking the real 1 on 1 can help me. The official site is here: https://takelessons.com/

Anyone have any personal experience comparing online learning vs. in person. Looking to give it a shot. Cheers.

In my opinion online guitar lessons are good if you have enough self-discipline and commitment. Of course they are cheap but with an in-person teacher you can have immediate feedback and a personalized learning path. The problem is where to find a valid teacher! Also Skype lessons could be a valid alternative. 

by the way, nice beard :-D

Post to Thread