My future guitar hangin wall

Updated
My future guitar hangin wall

So I think I've mentioned in other threads that I have been working on finishing my basement, which has really put a crimp on my guitar buying for a while. But, it'll be worth it in the end. Anyways, at this point it is all framed, wired, plumbed, and insulated.

I have completed a bedroom down there for my son, and am now moving on through the rest of the basement. Next up is to sheet rock the bathroom and rec room, then complete the bathroom. 

So, before sheetrocking the rec room I installed my backers in the wall that I intend to hang my guitars on once completed. This way, I don't have to search for studs to screw guitar hangers to.

Nathan S.

Yes, sawing would make alot if dust unless you use a wet saw. But then you have the water mess, but if your basement isn't finished, no problem just mop it up. 

Thanks JT, good luck with you're project. I will post up more pics as more progress is made. I'm hoping for completion of the rec room area by summer of 17.

Nathan S.

You'd have it done this week if you had sweet robot arms like me. Lol at your weak natural arms.

Lol, it's not my arms that are the problem. It's the wallet. Carpet and drop ceilings are freaking expensive!!!

Nathan S.

Bathroom is done.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Looking good. Can't wait to see it all done.

Nathan S.
Kjetil (GRIM) Remen wrote:

Looking good. Can't wait to see it all done.

Thanks!!

Nathan S.

Haven't updated for a while, things are slowing down a bit as I am running out of things to do until I get the money save up for the carpet and false ceiling. But, it's all painted now, and I hung the door for the under the stairs storage this morning. 

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Looking good. Coming along nice. Can't wait to see when it's done

SMFCptHowdy

I used the same idea as you, but I bought a 4x8 sheet of Slat, and just cut it to 3 slots. Looks like your collection

metalhobo

Sick Mother Fucking wall!

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

That is an awesome wall dude. I just got a bit jealous here

ESP 348

Awesome collection there man. Must be strong having that Gene Simmons axe bass hanging up there.

DRT1985

Looks great. Im planning on doing the same thing. I am also in the process of finishing our basement. I have also thought about adding track lighting facing the wall where the guitars will hang. Of adjustable pot lights. 

Nathan S.

That would be cool, I wired for probably more ceiling light fixtures than I probably need so I will have lots of light when done. May have to think about putting in one of those track fixtures thought with the adjustable lights to point at the guitar wall though when I get to that point.

DRT1985

These are the other lights I am looking at. They give a cleaner look IMO. 

Nathan S.

Yeah those look nice in the right application, I'm just kinda old fashioned and prefer traditional fixtures over recessed, plus the rest of my house is all traditional fixtures and I kinda like to keep things uniform. 

Jojo_

That's a sick wall!

Nathan S.

Took some time off of working on the basement to let the wallet recover for a bit. Been back on it this spring, still no guitar wall yet but getting closer. I have finished all the drywall, tape and texture and paint in the final room to do. Now have to get the suspended ceiling up in the rest of the basement, then carpet and trim work and then I will finally be able to order up the diamond life system and get some guitars hung up. Here's the latest work.

Big Daddy B

I don't know what kind of amps you are using but I like what one of the guys on the les paul board did with a shelf over his combos

Nathan S.

That is pretty cool, but I've only got a couple amps lol

Daisy W.

I am really shocked to see before and after images of your basement and as an artist I am loving it. I was a professional guitarist and now I am a co-founder of British Custom Essay UK as well as I am doing Creative Writing (Playwriting and Screenwriting) course from the city university of London because it is my passion.

Post to Thread