NGD coming soon

Updated
NGD coming soon

Well, I couldn't take it anymore. Been spending all my cabbage on my basement but I've been jonesing for a new guitar bad. Had to stay on the inexpensive side for now with the funds being limited. Won an LTD MV200 on Ebay this morning. Won it for the guys minimum bid of $175.00 plus shipping. I think I did ok on it, it does come with a hard case. The case has been graffiti'd by the previous owner but oh well. Anyways, I was hoping maybe someone on here has experience with the MV200's and can give me their thoughts on it. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

ESP 348

Congrats, post pics when it arrives.

RZK

Is it an ESP hardcase? Those are like $100, so I'll say you did pretty well!!

Nathan S.

No, it's not a factory ESP case. Just a generic hardcase. Actually looked like it was a nice case other than as I mentioned the previous owner graffiti'd the heck out of it.

Nathan S.

Here's the ebay listing with pics of the guitar. I'll post better pics when I get it. 

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=152045571852&alt=web 

Nathan S.

It's here!! Had to run home quick and get it inside and check it out briefly. My first impression is that I really like it for no more than it cost me. This is my first strat body guitar, I ve been wanting one, but am not a tremolo guy so that has kept me away, so the MV fits the bill nicely in that matter. The guitar is in great shape, minor fine play scratches but nothing major, and can't find a divot one in the frets. I really like the color and flame maple top, granted it's just an LTD so it's a veneer rather than full thickness, but still pretty stunning none the less, and the natural wood body binding is a nice touch. As far as the sound, I only got about 5 minutes with it, but so far I like it. The Duncan designed bridge pickup I have in a couple other guitars so I kinda new what to expect there. But, I was not sure how the Duncan designed single in the neck would sound. So far I kinda like it. It's different from anything else I have which is good. In clean tone neck position, I don't know exacly how to describe it, but almost more sterile yet brighter more ringier if that makes sense.

One thing I am a little confused on is the fact that the serial # indicates it is a 2008 model. I thought the MV200's were early 2000's models, and I also thought that they quit using the Duncan Designed pickups in early 2000's. So, I'm a little baffled there?? I have scoured through the 2007, 2008,  and 2009 product catalogs in the archive and cannot find it anywhere. So if anyone can enlighten me with info on this model history I would appreciate it. Maybe it was a limited run?? Obviously it is 24 fret, 24.75 scale, TOM bridge, string through, bolt on, and ESP non-locking tuners. But, I would be interested to know body material, I thought the MV was mahogany but it feels super light, so maybe I am wrong there. Anyways, heres a couple pics.

Road King

Cool guitar. I always wanted one of the USA models in orange or aqua, but they are rare as unicorns.

Pushead

Don't know enough about the guitar to guess the wood, other than the maple veneer.  Not sure when they stopped making the model or using the Duncan Designed pickups, either.

Looks to be in great shape.  For the price, I'd say you did well.

Nathan S.

Man, this guitar is baffling me!!! I found another for sale on Reverb, it's s/n indicates it is a 2012 model. I pull the 2012 product catalog in the archive, nowhere to be found. They obviously made it for several years yet I cannot find it in a catalog anywhere. Sure wish I could figure out the story on this model.

slab

Look for a date code on the pots.

Nathan S.

I guess it's not an 08 after all according to Gfunk. Couldn't see anything on the pots, had the pickups out yesterday and didn't see anything on them other than the bridge model HB102R. The mystery continues. 

Nathan S.

I already know the guitar is a 2008 by the s/n

Nathan S.

Only thing I can make out on either pot, is one has "alpha" stamped in the back.

ESP 348

Looks pretty cool, congrats again.

Nathan S.

Thanks ESP!

Nathan S.

Well after spending a little more time with the MV and deciding it's a keeper, I decided it was time to pull the strings, oil the board, and put my strings and setup on it. The pictures don't do it justice, but that board has some pretty good character. 

metalhobo

Is that 24.75" scale?

I have too many 25.5" guitars. I'm really looking for a good 24.75" super-strat. There are some old Jackson imports, I know, but I want something cooler. ALWAYS dig those Mavs. I really need to add a bolt-on M-II and a Mav to my arsenal.

Pics are not super but that looks to be a pretty fuckin' decent piece of rosewood. Maybe cuz you just oiled it

Nathan S.

Yes, the MV is 24.75 scale. I know pics suck, I struggle getting great pics with my phone  The board actually looked pretty much as good even before I had oiled it.

Post to Thread