Upcoming NAD

Updated
Upcoming NAD

I pulled the trigger on this today. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with the Voodoo Platinum mod.

Used in Richard Z's studio in NYC on the first Emigrate album.

I'll post my own pics when it gets here.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited.

RZK
ESP 348 wrote:

Yeah, would have to be some tone loss through the wireless system I have.

In saying that, I suck at playing guitar so it doesn't matter anyway.

I really like these cables though, might have to get some so I can connect them from my pedals to wireless.

Or play through them and if they do sound A LOT better, then I will sell my wireless and stick to using these cables.

I will just say, that these cables are awesome.

ESP 348

Thanks mate, I will look into getting some asap.

RZK

RZK, welcome to the celebrity owned gear fanboi club!! Congrats on the purchase. You should like the Mesa a lot. They get some pretty good distortion yet the notes still remain very clear. They can be a little quirky though...the EQs are very sensitive and they sometimes tend to emit annoying pops when switching channels. I would encourage you to download the manual from their site and start reading up on it. They manuals are very informative and easy to read.

I printed a manual last night. Been reading it. Very good suggestion.

Velt017

I love my dual rec to pieces. Cuts through the mix incredibly. The pop is relatively easily fixed by cycling channels before you flip off the standby. I never have any pop when I do that. Throw an OD in front of it and its the best tone you could ever possibly have. I know a lot of guys have predispositions about that kind of thing, but I'm telling you, it takes it from great to the greatest thing ever.

RZK
Velt017 wrote:

I love my dual rec to pieces. Cuts through the mix incredibly. The pop is relatively easily fixed by cycling channels before you flip off the standby. I never have any pop when I do that. Throw an OD in front of it and its the best tone you could ever possibly have. I know a lot of guys have predispositions about that kind of thing, but I'm telling you, it takes it from great to the greatest thing ever.

I have a TS9 for that very purpose.

Breadfan32

I'm sure you will find a good tone right away but if you don't give it time you will!  

I've had a dual, single and a mini.  Enjoyed all of them.  An OD works awesome I see nothing wrong with it.  

I'm sure your modded Rec might not even need one.  

Road King

ODs are crutches for weakling amps.

So I purchased some of those kraut cables. I hope they are compatible with my made in freedomland pedals. Took some time to convert the weirdo scale into inches, and the monopoly money into USD. Plus I wasn't sure if the measurements were just for the shaft of the cable or tip to tip.

RZK
Road King wrote:

ODs are crutches for weakling amps.

So I purchased some of those kraut cables. I hope they are compatible with my made in freedomland pedals. Took some time to convert the weirdo scale into inches, and the monopoly money into USD. Plus I wasn't sure if the measurements were just for the shaft of the cable or tip to tip.

Heh. I use mine very rarely, to add some punch to certain riffs, like the bridge riff of Reise, Reise. I certainly don't use one all the time.

Interesting point about the lengths. I think it's the legth of the cable itself. I think you'll be happy with them.

RZK
Breadfan32 wrote:

I'm sure you will find a good tone right away but if you don't give it time you will!  

I've had a dual, single and a mini.  Enjoyed all of them.  An OD works awesome I see nothing wrong with it.  

I'm sure your modded Rec might not even need one.  

I want to eventually get a regular Dual, a Triple, and I think I want a rack mount Dual Recto also. I've almost got all the guitars I want/need so it's time to work on getting some amps.

I'm looking for a used Mesa cab now. I may end up going to Sweetwater. I don't live too far away from there. I think a 2x12 would be better for my recording setup, but I want a 4x12, too, just for my own entertainment.

Road King

You need one of those robotic mic arms like RZK has.

RZK
Road King wrote:

You need one of those robotic mic arms like RZK has.

https://dynamount.com/

Looking into it.

RZK

I got the Rectifier today. I set the box on my kitchen counter, and noticed lots of tiny glass shards falling from the box...

Both Rectifier tubes were shattered. All the pre amp and power tubes are intact. I ordered a replacement pair for $40 shipped, and asked the seller to reimburse me for the damaged tubes.

Minor setback, I'm still super happy. I got my letter, and my pick.

RZK

As requested:

BlackJack21

Sweet thanks for sharing! Looks awesome!

Road King

Congrats. It just sucks that you have to wait on new tubes (not used by RZK) just to use the amp. Is that lube in the bottle? 

RZK

I know. I was so freakin' excited, now it'll be a few days before I can play it.

Anyone have any experience with Ruby tubes? The reviews I've read are pretty positive. I ordered a pair of Ruby 5U4GC tubes to replace the busted ones.

That is indeed lube.

Post to Thread