My future guitar hangin wall

Updated
My future guitar hangin wall

So I think I've mentioned in other threads that I have been working on finishing my basement, which has really put a crimp on my guitar buying for a while. But, it'll be worth it in the end. Anyways, at this point it is all framed, wired, plumbed, and insulated.

I have completed a bedroom down there for my son, and am now moving on through the rest of the basement. Next up is to sheet rock the bathroom and rec room, then complete the bathroom. 

So, before sheetrocking the rec room I installed my backers in the wall that I intend to hang my guitars on once completed. This way, I don't have to search for studs to screw guitar hangers to.

Nathan S.

Ceiling is done in the 2nd bedroom, and about half done in the rec room and hallway. After that, just carpet and trim work left and I will be able to hang some guitars on the wall!!

Pushead

Looking good man, but the Lady Headington would not appreciate a project of this magnitude taking this long.

Nathan S.
Pushead wrote:

Looking good man, but the Lady Headington would not appreciate a project of this magnitude taking this long.

Haha, thank you sir! Yes it has been quite the undertaking, and between still trying to have somewhat of a life, and putting together the necessary fundilations, it has taken a little longer than I wanted 

Pushead

Is that set of yellow wires in the last pic electrical? Are you planning on stapling those to rafter or floor joist? That wouldn't pass inspection here in Ohio.

Nathan S.
Pushead wrote:

Is that set of yellow wires in the last pic electrical? Are you planning on stapling those to rafter or floor joist? That wouldn't pass inspection here in Ohio.

Yes they are. Interesting, Ohio must be a lot more stringent than MT. Those that you see are mostly upstairs wiring which was all done by a licensed electrician and passed inspection when I built the house. There are staples here and there occasionally just to keep everything from moving around a bunch, but mainly just in places where there is potential to rub on something sharp like a nail plate on a truss or something, and inside the walls when they go up or down a stud.

Nathan S.

Well since it's dead in here, no posts in 3 days in this section, I'll post another update. Ceiling is done! Working on staining the rest of my wood work, need to get carpet put in then trim out and my basement will finally be done! I am thinking I have decided on the diamond life wall track system when I get to that point. 

Nathan S.

Almost done, got my oak caps on the foundation walls, linoleum down at the door, now just waiting for carpet install so I can finish trimming out and the basement will be done. Ordered up the guitar hanger mx slatwall track and hangers today. I ended up ordering the unfinished paintable track so I can paint match it to the wall color. Hopefully have pictures of guitars hanging on the wall soon!!!

metalhobo

what the hell you doing with that little floor roller? when I put down VCT I had to use a 100 lb floating roller

Nathan S.

100 lb roller!?!?! Holy crap!! Seems a little overkill. That little roller worked it down great, smoothed the bubbles and glue down just fine.

Nathan S.

Got the carpet installed yesterday in the spare bed / reloading-gun room, wrapped up trimming it out and installed closet doors today. Now all the stuff in that is out in the rec room can get moved in here where it goes. Carpet will get installed out in the hall and rec room on the 25th. Hopefully my slat rail shows up soon so I can get it painted and on the wall.

Nathan S.

FedEx man brought me some packages today!! Got my slatwall track from Diamond Life Gear. Got it all cut to length, mounting holes drilled. Now to spray it in the morning to color match my wall and then get it hung maybe tomorrow afternoon. I have the aluminum channel inserts slid out of them right now in this pic so they stay unpainted.

Nathan S.

Here it is, almost 2 years in the making!!

Pushead

Looks great!

Nathan S.

Thanks Pus!!

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Nice dude  

Nathan S.

Thank you!

Nathan S.

Ok, here are the final pics. Carpeted and trimmed out. Done!

Post to Thread