My future guitar hangin wall

Updated
My future guitar hangin wall

So I think I've mentioned in other threads that I have been working on finishing my basement, which has really put a crimp on my guitar buying for a while. But, it'll be worth it in the end. Anyways, at this point it is all framed, wired, plumbed, and insulated.

I have completed a bedroom down there for my son, and am now moving on through the rest of the basement. Next up is to sheet rock the bathroom and rec room, then complete the bathroom. 

So, before sheetrocking the rec room I installed my backers in the wall that I intend to hang my guitars on once completed. This way, I don't have to search for studs to screw guitar hangers to.

ESP 348

Good thinking man!! Be sure to post pics when it's completed and your guitars are hanging up on the wall.

Nathan S.

I will do for sure ESP. It may be awhile yet before that portion is completed. This has been quite the expensive undertaking lol. Once the bathroom is up and running, I think I'm gonna have to take a break for a little while to rebuild some fundage.

Big Daddy B

What else are you doing for yourself? Beer tap?

Nathan S.

Nah, I got a cool little beverage fridge for the fluids down there. Hoping for a pool table down there someday when it's done. Have always wanted one.

tx-ogre

It looks much like the project we completed after moving to the Austin area back in 2012.  We converted our attached 2 car garage into a soundproofed studio/office/home theater and built an over-sized detached garage.  Definitely not cheap, but adding 400 square feet to the living space and providing me with a space where I can play or watch movies or concert videos as loud as i want whenever I want made it worthwhile.

Nathan S.

Thats cool, my basement is 1000sf that was unfinished. Will be 2 more beds, one bath, utility room, and good size family and rec room. The family/rec area is about 13 x 24. Here's the bedroom I completed. 

tx-ogre

Sweet!  I grew up in the "frozen tundra" where basements were commonplace.  It's been over 30 years since I lived in an area with homes with basements, so it's interesting to see what people do with the space.  Looks like a great job.  Good luck with your project.

Nathan S.

Thanks!

Nathan S.

Lol, yes that would be much cheaper!! But adds no extra livable space to my house.

tx-ogre

Hmmmm.  The renovation added square footage, provided space for a multi-guitar stand I currently use for my lower-end guitars (and plenty of room for additional stands), plenty of room for storing my higher-end guitars in their cases, my amps, my computer workstation, pedal boards, accessories, a soundproofed oasis to escape to, not to mention my home theater, while at the same time adding value to my home.  Perhaps I was wrong, but it seemed like a no-brainier at the time...lol.

ESPEXP

Remember....try to keep direct light off the guitars or you will age the colors of them real fast.

Nathan S.
ESPEXP wrote:

Remember....try to keep direct light off the guitars or you will age the colors of them real fast.

Not too worried about that. Most of my stuff is black and the 2 white ones that I have I would prefer they yellow out and age up some.

Gfunk

All depends on the clear. I have a guitar that has been in a case or in the closet () since it was made and it is almost legal pad yellow.

Cool wall.

Skyline_UK

Wow, some serious fettling skills there!

Nathan S.
Skyline_UK wrote:

Wow, some serious fettling skills there!

Being American, I had to look up fettling haha! Thanks!

ProfessorExp

Good thinking! My basement was already finished when we bought the house so I went with one of these hangers from Diamond Life and I love it! 

Click Clicky

jt76

Thanks.  Thats exactly what I need.  I have been looking  for a good deal on slatwall but using strips like that is a lot more practical.  nice collection also

load more replies (8 of 8)
Ammar

Gonna be awesome....

ESP 348

That looks good Proffessor!

Post to Thread