ESP LTD "EXP" For Sale

Updated
JesterHead1651

Hey guys, 

Unfortunately, I finally have decided to part ways with my LTD EXP...if anyone is interested and in the Atlanta area, please feel free to contact me. 

I cannot post a link but please PM more for more information. 

Asking price is $2000, no trades.

Big Daddy B
Zorlac wrote:

I see cunts are still refusing to use an organized system for selling, buying and trading.

Glad to know not much has changed.

Even if we had a section here, there would only be about 20 people seeing the ad.

Pushead

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/msg/5399481896.html

Reduced the price by half, and still too high by double.

Nathan S.

Got one thing going for it, it is a double dot. So must be a 1997, still pricey though. Still the factory ESP pups, no EMG upgrade to add a little value to it.

JesterHead1651

I bought it new in '99 and have owned it for 17 years, so it holds a lot of sentiment. The only things ever done to the guitar were luthier setups - my luthier Paul Unkert, advised me never to modify the guitar in any way hence, an all original. 

Nathan S.

Thats cool you have had it since new Jester. It must have been a carry over, by the research I have done on them looking through the product archives on this forum and other forum discussions, it seems that the 12th fret double dot was a 1997 feature. General concensus and product archives indicate that 98 and 99 had the rectangle fake pearl bar inlay with LTD or model name at 12th fret. I watch ESP and LTD explorerers on the bay regularily, and not to be rude but $1000.00 is still very opptomistic. Yes it is original, that is cool but really doesnt add any value in this case because probably 99% of the people looking for this guitar want the Het factor, and that means EMG, which is going to cost someone another couple hundred dollars. I have seen the double dot versions go for close to what you are wanting in the past, but the ones I have seen go for that have already been EMG upgraded, alot with Sperzel upgrade, and have had factory hard case. The other thing working against you is that the guitar market seems to really be in the toilet right now, I have watched many guitars go unsold numerous times for very reasonable prices. I think realistically, especially if you dont have a factory case, you have a $500 to possbily $600 guitar to somebody who really wants it. Not meaning to offend, take it for what its worth.

Tondog

Nathan is spot on with this one. Hell...even Sperzel tuners added to an MX II on eBay recently was too much and took the price into the toilet.

ProfessorExp

I bought an Olympic white double dot like 2 years ago for like $500-something on eBay. 

Nathan S.

And the white one is worth more than the black in my opinion. Much harder to find. Wish I could find a white one. Been watching for one for a long time. Only one I've seen in the last several years was pretty rough and he wanted too much for it.

Post to Thread