When one ESP is not enough....

Updated
When one ESP is not enough....

So I make them Double. Love them....hee hee \m/

ESP 348

Cheers Gfunk, it is a VERY cool car!! Very comfortable, insanely huge inside. One of the biggest cars you will ever sit in the back of. With the front seats all the way back, I can just barely touch the back of them with my toes at full stretch and I am nearly 6'2. Plenty of room in the back.

Fully optioned the car was AU $392K. My Brother paid $100K for it in 2011. BMWs have the worst depreciation of any car in the world.

We are taking it on a road trip in a few days time. Open speed limit too, so it should be a nice quick trip each way.

When we get back from that road trip, the Brother said he is going to try and sell it.....................for $25K. lol

It has 100,000 km's (62,000 milles) on the clock, is in mint condition inside and out, but it's worth nothing.

And yes, VERY expensive to repair. He has done a few repairs, all big bucks. Replaced the rear magnetic/airbag suspension struts. One each side. Locally parts were going to cost AU $7800 for the pair. Looked online and bought them out of the Miami, Fl with a complete major service kit delivered to Australia for $3500. So all the parts he bought came from the US after that. He spent around $5000 total in parts during his ownership I would say. We did the repairs as we are both mechanics.

He hit a roo in it a few years ago and did some minor panel damage on the front end. A new bonnet, front bar, front gaurd, RH head light with paint, repair bill was AU $16K. lol

The vid of the roo being hit from his dash cam.

Gfunk

I refuse to watch the vid, but HOLY BALLBAGS, he paid $100k for a 6-7 year old 7 series? 

Wow, I bought Mrs Funk a new 328 last year and paid less than a third of that.  Granted they are completely different cars, but still.

ESP 348

Hi mate,

Yep, here in Aussie land we fucked in the arse over car prices due to our silly import taxes and luxury car taxes.

He paid $100K for it used, was $392K new and will sell it for $25K at 10 years old. Lol

A $367K loss over 10 years if he bought it new. $37K loss per year, not including around $3000 per year for rego, insurance and sevicing costs.

I paid triple for my Ferrari compared to what you guys would pay for it in the US.

ESP 348

Definitely a lot of money, that's for sure. But he can afford it and you only live once, so it's all good.

He has owned his fair share of Commodores, we all have. They really are rubbish, but get the job done. I am currently driving one now as a work hack.

Anything 'exotic' costs big bucks to repair unfortunately. But if you want to play in the big boys league, it's the price you have to pay.

And I do know him, that's my Uncle Mick. He is as mad as a cut snake that guy!

slab

i miss my 330i

beat it to hell and the damn windows are shit...

guess how fast it will go backwards?.....me and tom cruise do

Gfunk

Lol, Gfunk catches and eats fish, buts dislikes any animals being hurt on film.

Settle down there, dolphin boy.

I just read Mrs Funk's ride is governed to 130 mph.  I guess no reckless 150 mph driving for me.

Post to Thread