Returning member with a KL question

Updated
Returning member with a KL question

Hey all, quick question: I've come across a KL Explorer for sale, owner says its MINT and has barely been played, but the price would better fit an EC50. Are there any indetifying marks or numbers on a KL, to tell its not actually just a Ran custom or anything? Serial numbers, Kens handywork or anything like that? I'm probably gonna end up buying it anyway, but it'd be nice to know if I can push the price down or not. Thanks for all help.

Gfunk

Some donkey is selling a supposed KL for @ $200, and you want to know how lower the price?

Pushead

mrstfu
Gfunk wrote:

Some donkey is selling a supposed KL for @ $200, and you want to know how lower the price?

No, read what I wrote. I want to properly identify the guitar, so that if it is not a KL, I can push it down... If it is a KL, I'll be buying it, no doubt. It has the dragonshaped headstock with KL logo, custom inlays, full Hetfield EMGz. Looks legit, but does Ken number them in any way, or otherwise make them identifiable as legit stuff?

Ozzfun

looks legit

Pushead

I don't even need to see it to know it isn't a Kenneth Lawrence instument.

mrstfu

So, again, any identifying marks or serial numbers?

Pushead

Mrs. Tfu, find his page on Facebook to see how the logo is supposed to look.  The guitar will have a watermarked certificate of authenticity along with a serial number.  Call Ken and verify that the guitar is one of his

Will you have an opportunity to see the guitar in person before purchasing?

slab

post pics

most of these cats have seen a good number of specimens...and know history of commisions;

well, there used to be a alot of kl owners until the mod crushed our dreams with this "scheme"

guitargirlemg81

cool story bro

mrstfu

Got to see it, and play it for a while, before bringing it home. Without adjusting for inflation and whatever, directly converted from NOK til USD, it ran me about $450, so if its isnt a KL, I still have an awesome player. He hadnt played it in about a year, but right away it played smooth as hell, in tune and intonation, no issues whatsoever. And there isnt a scratch in it, not that I've found so far atleast. Not even a belt scratch on the back plate.

The forum software wont let me post pics from my phone, so I'll post them after work. Previous owner, who claimed to be the only owner and that he bought it straight from Ken said he lost the certificate.... somehow I doubt it. Got in touch with Ken, he told me where to find his sig and serial, so theres still hope, even though I'm prepared to find its a replica. Which is ok, means I can gig it withouth worriying about fucking an original KL up. Anyway, time will show, get back tobyou after work.

Gfunk

This donkey is the original owner of a KL and he sold it to you for $450?

Pushead

A quick search for Chinese ken lawrence brings up several sites that sell these things for around $300.  Me thinks you were scammed.

mrstfu

I dont consider myself scammed, besides him advertising it as a KL. I was aware of possible replicas, and the $300 they cost in China or wherever, multiplies when its done collecting taxes in Norway. I still got a mint and sweet player, without the troubled consience should I give it a couple scratches.

mrstfu

Wow, this new interface is utter shit compared to the old board. I got in touch with Ken, and gave him the info along with some pictures. Its definitely not a KL, its has a serial in the control cavity like his does, but it doesnt match anything he built, he says. Plus, the headstock is a little longer, like the chinese copies.

It has the 81/60 combo, killswitch in place of the fiberoptics switch, and Sperzels. To put everything in perspective, an EC50 will cost me around 4000NOK, or 650USD, so overall I'm still happy as can be. Since a KL runs at around 7k US, I always suspected, so I cant say I'm genuinly dissapointed.

And its nice to see that even though the forum interface has changed, the same dickheads remain. Missed you guise<3

slab

how can you tax a fake?

poor kl, loosers calling him up for s/n's

guitargirlemg81

Can you imagine..."Yo KL! Could you help me out here? I bought one of your guitars for 450 but I think it's fake LOL. Could you confirm? Pics:"

BloodJunkie

Still no pics????

Post to Thread