Haven't posted for a while but... NGD pre-lawsuit Explorer

Updated
Haven't posted for a while but... NGD pre-lawsuit Explorer

Long story short, I've been searching one of these for a while now... and then I found one :) Needed 'some' TLC but cleaned up pretty well IMO.

The exact model is EXP-300 and the color is actually Midnight Purple (metallic flake-ish) but looks black in low lighting. Kinda rare color I guess, or rarely for sale to be precise. Some other features are mahogany body and neck which is set-neck construction (long tenon).

Guitar's currently sporting WCR Icebuckers which I got temporarily out from my LP Studio. Gonna throw some upgrades later on (electronics, OFR/Schaller/Gotoh) but it's VERY decent as is. Plays very nice, big sustain, frets are still in good shape and sounds huge!

These old LTDs are pretty spectaccularr and really fights in bigger league than the price tag's been. Awesum-o.

Anyhoo, here's she with my other Explorer:

Full fam pics maybe later...

edit:

a better demonstration of the finish... also found a bell trc from my 'random guitar parts' case :)

Dave R.

Nice. Those came out in 1999. Cool thing about the 300 was that it was set-neck. Came in Black, Grey Satin and Gunmetal Blue as well.

Kride

Cheersies! BTW, what we're the production year(s) of this model? 1999-2001 maybe?

Dave R.

The EXP-200 (Bolt-on/Fixed-Bridge) was available from 1998-1999. The EXP-300 (Floyd/Set-neck) was only available in 1999. The shape changed to the 'EX' for 2000+.

Kride

Thanks for the info modster!

exhibit-sbt

Not bad.  Congrats sir!  Looks killer with the voodoo.

Kride

Cheers J! The Gibson is actually first run Gothic series ;) Wouldn't mind a Voodoo though... 8o

singlecoilpickup

That's in great shape, nice score!

I'm very partial to that gothic explorer as well.

exhibit-sbt

Ohhh that's right.  Sorry, gothic..voodoo.. the names start running together.. :lol  (I hope this code will soon take into a proper lol).

I still want that Rainbow LP.

singlecoilpickup

For the record, I'd also love a Voodoo Explorer, the red and black wood grain on those was killer. 

Kride
singlecoilpickup wrote:

For the record, I'd also love a Voodoo Explorer, the red and black wood grain on those was killer. 

Indeed!

Pushead

No tune-o-matic, no Hetfield.

Nice guitar, Kride-man!

Dave R.
Pushead wrote:

No tune-o-matic, no Hetfield.

Kride

Thanks duders and :D @ Pus

Post to Thread