NGD! Got my first ESP. Anything special about it?

Updated
Johnny Phatsaqs

Other than it's a fantastic guitar.  Stumbled on to a craigslist posting of a guy wanting to trade this ESP M-II Deluxe for a Fender Blacktop Tele.  I happened to have one and happily made the trade.  I guess value wise, I came out way ahead, but I'm not sure.  I've been an Ibanez guy for 30 years, and I don't know much about ESP, other than they're awesome.  Would this be a Japanese ESP?  And info on it would be greatly appreciated.  The label on the back of the head says 75-95 20th Anniversary.  Serial number on the plate is 18549.

Johnny Phatsaqs

Well, if I could get 7k for it...

Dave R.

I edited the original post so the images show a little larger than they were. You left it on the default 'Medium' size when you posted. I'll make a thread showing this aspect...

Johnny Phatsaqs

Thanks for that.  I need to post better pics anyway.  Those were from the ad I got it from.  It has since been well cleaned, conditioned and some new laces.  Looks nice.  

Dave R.

Awesome. Maybe you can add some 'nicer' shots. Take a look at the thread I created about posting images if you decide to...

donting

If you put it ebay worldwide you could perhaps get $1000 USD, as a European buyer will snap it up. It's a good guitar and worth a lot more than $400. Infact it's 'worth' more than $1000 in terms of a well built quality guitar, much better than spending $1000 new off the rack. But for some reason used ESPs never sell well 2nd hand ther than rare het/Kirk models

did ghunk say 'fiver' ? :I

Johnny Phatsaqs

I still haven't found another guitar like this.  I've been in contact with Tim at ESP, sent him pictures and all, waiting to hear back.  Strange when the only Google image search pics are my pics.  

Dave R.

There is no longer a Tim at ESP, what more are you looking to find out? As said, that guitar appeared in the '95 catalog as a custom order. It is called 'Wood Swirl' and was the same concept as multiswirl, but with multiple wood layers strategically sanded down, instead of multiple paint layers. The decal appeared on all models from that year I beleive. Made in Japan.

Johnny Phatsaqs

Really?  So I guess this guy doesn't exist?

Tim Jennaway
Warranty Department
ESP Guitar Company
10913 Vanowen St.

North Hollywood, CA 91605 

Fax:      818 506 1378
Direct: 818 450 8279

www.espguitars.com

Dave R.

I thought you were refering to a different Tim, Mr. Jennaway does indeed exist!

Johnny Phatsaqs

To answer your question, I was trying to find out if this was THE one in the catalog.  If you compare the grain on mine vs the one in the catalog, they match exactly.

hzoli76

I have same guitar. Just black, not natural. I bought more than 20 years ago.

Post to Thread